DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Premier Pro and Bitrate Setting for Youtube

NavyMan84

Reactions
Hello all
I notice that after doing all the editing of my video it looks great on my PC. However i notice that after uploading it to youtube. It looks like crap very pixel lated. I believe the issue is related to my bitrate setting. Can any one who reads this post share with me your Bitrate setting for youtube? Thanks for all your help. Jeff

Also you should remember that Youtube do not play back the actual video you uploaded. Depending on what they think your internet connection speed is, they will send you a reduced quality version to ensure smooth playback without picture freezes. If you click the cog/settings icon on the bottom right of the youtube video it will tell you what quality/resolution of video you are being sent.

Reactions: Kilrah
And when you upload in high quality you may need to wait an hour or 2 until youtube has made all the different size/qualities available, if you watch straight away after uploading you'll only see the smallest/worst one.

And when you upload in high quality you may need to wait an hour or 2 until youtube has made all the different size/qualities available, if you watch straight away after uploading you'll only see the smallest/worst one.
Thanks for that.

Also you should remember that Youtube do not play back the actual video you uploaded. Depending on what they think your internet connection speed is, they will send you a reduced quality version to ensure smooth playback without picture freezes. If you click the cog/settings icon on the bottom right of the youtube video it will tell you what quality/resolution of video you are being sent.
Thanks for sharing that with me. So can you share with me what are your setting for uploading to Youtube?

I just use the standard output setting in my editing program (Sony Vegas) which is a variable bitrate, I'm not sure what the actual rate is. The settings suggested in the 2nd post above are a good guide.

There is no point encoding with a very high bitrate for uploading because Youtube always re-encodes your video with low bit rate. It just means you need to upload a very large file which Youtube then compress.

What you need to avoid is uploading a video with very low bitrate which will have a lot of visible compression artifacts before you upload it, once Youtube have re-encoded it it'll look horrible then.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato