DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pro, Air, or Spark??

Reactions
Hi all,

Hope I'm posting in the right spot....Here goes! I am a drone newbie. I have never flown one, but I am thinking that aerial photo footage would add a new perspective to my Oregon Coast scenic photography! I also am leaving on a 5-6 motorcycle tour of the Americas. That's my back ground.

So, I've been looking at the Spark, the Pro, and the Air. I need a drone that is compact, easy to fly, takes clear images and is compact. Oh, did I mention it must be compact?

What are your thoughts on my questions? I'm looking forward to hearing your opinions on just which I should purchase. Thank you!

If you are looking for the most compact drone with the best image quality, get the Air. If you don't need 4K, I would recommend getting the Spark because it will be more durable and it is also cheaper.

I need a drone that is compact, easy to fly, takes clear images and is compact
All of those drones fit the bill. You can compare the specs between them in more detail here.

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Mavic Pilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Mavic quadcopters.

It sounds like the Mavic Air would suit your needs well. Compact but full of features. So it will stow away easy, important when on 2 wheels and it has some great photo features like the Asteroid.

Enjoy! Thumbswayup
*MAVIC PRO MANUAL: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/mavic/20171219/Mavic Pro User Manual V2.0.pdf
*MAVIC PRO PLATINUM MANUAL: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/mavic/20171123/Mavic_Pro_User_Manual V1.8.pdf
*GO 4 APP MANUAL: DJI Go 4 Manual

An example of the Asteroid feature...

The-new-Mavic-Air-Asteroid-mode-illustrated.gif

Hi all,

I need a drone that is compact, easy to fly, takes clear images and is compact... Oh, did I mention it must be compact?
The Air is smaller than the spark and has a better camera but the Mavic Pro is still a good choice as it's still considered compact. I don't have an issue throwing mine into my saddle bags with all the extra gear. I don't like the Air's more limited range but that drone is not about longer flight times and distance, it's about portability. The Mavic with its telemetry on the controller has helped me from loosing my aircraft when the APP has crashed. That has happened to me more than once and at least was able to limp it home. I would be less incline to fly at distance with the MA but for a vacation drone, I'd sure consider it. Hopefully it doesn't have any bugs being it's a brand new model.

Reactions: MikeMauk
I also am leaving on a 5-6 motorcycle tour of the Americas
If you're not on a budget and have ample storage space on your bike, then the Mavic Pro is perfect. I own the Spark and it packs very nicely with the swing-arm bag on my Softail, thought I just replaced it with the Mavic Air because of its 4k

Yes, it is the right place to post. All of those drones are compact, if you don't believe take a look at the Phantom 4. If I were you I'd compare each one to other.

Mavic Air vs Spark - Mavic Air wins
Mavic Pro vs Spark - Mavic Pro wins
Mavic Air vs Mavic Pro - Mavic Air wins

I think Mavic Air is the best option from all these drones. It's compact, shoots in 4K HD, has amazing footage and is a very secured drone. It has some great flight advantages over Mavic Pro and Spark, such as APAS and FA 2.0. So, yeah, I'd take Mavic Air.

Mavic Pro has Ocusync. It will stay connected when WiFi systems won't. If I can't stay connected to the drone nothing else matters. I'll take Mavic Pro.

Yes, it is the right place to post. All of those drones are compact, if you don't believe take a look at the Phantom 4. If I were you I'd compare each one to other.

I think Mavic Air is the best option from all these drones. It's compact, shoots in 4K HD, has amazing footage and is a very secured drone. It has some great flight advantages over Mavic Pro and Spark, such as APAS and FA 2.0. So, yeah, I'd take Mavic Air.
Read the article and its hogwash. I have both the MA and MP. MP is a better craft. Occusync is why. MA's connection method is inferior for city people like me.

I have experience with the Air and Pro. APAS and FA 2.0 are nice but they don't make up for the lack of range on the signal. I have to work really hard to try and lose the signal on the Pro. This is not the case with the Air. Pretty ever flight o have done with the Air has had some point where the video feed was going.

There lack of APAS and FA 2.0 can be overcome by good piloting technique.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lobodevich