DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pro Tip: Embed Contact information within Micro SD card (Contact Generator Program Added)

I will be implementing your idea, thank you. ALSO I placed all my contact info and copy of FAA reg card under my battery - even offered $ Reward $ for drones return.

Worried about loosing your Mavic?
If someone finds your lost Mavic what can be done to help them contact you and return it?

Have you already placed labels with your FAA Registration number and phone number on your Mavic to help protect your precious investment?

Thats a great start!

Here is a helpful tip that can potentially allow the person that found it return it to its rightful owner.

Load your Micro SD card or cards up in you card reader and access the folder structure.
There will be 2 default Folders already created if you have used the Mavic to shoot any photo's or video in the past

They are DCIM and MISC

Leave those alone and add 2 additional folders.

Add one that states your phone number and the other states your FAA registration number
There are 2 reasons I choose to create folders to present this information instead of a simple text file.

1. Not relying on the person that found the Mavic searching around looking for a text file. That could be missed.
2. Folder names cant be missed when searching the Micro SD card using a computer and they accept all kinds of alphanumeric characters as well as symbols within thier names.

Its something everyone should do!

What my Micro SD card folder structures look like (of course phone number information and FAA Registration number removed in this example to protect the innocent)
I use the underscores at the beginning of the file names so that they will be indexed and placed at the top of the folder listing.
View attachment 57155

Please like this thread posting if you find it helpful and informative! Thumbswayup

Don't have my drone with me right now. Do those folders persist even if I format the card via the DJI app? I format my card every job before the first flight.

D

Last edited:
I’ve only just seen you thread @BD0G bloody brilliant idea, doing that right now.

How did I miss it.......:rolleyes::rolleyes: might have had something to do with Christmas;);)

Reactions: JDawg and BD0G
Don't have my drone with me right now. Do those folders persist even if I format the card via the DJI app? I format my card every job before the first flight.

D

If you format the Micro SD card using a card reader connected to a PC or Mac then NO. The entire card is wiped clean and does not even have the basic directory structure of DCIM and MISC.

If you format using DJIGO4 then the additional directories that indicate your phone number and FAA Registration number are removed and the basic directories are left DCIM and MISC . With all of thier contents removed of photos and video.

I’ve only just seen you thread @BD0G bloody brilliant idea, doing that right now.

How did I miss it.......:rolleyes::rolleyes: might have had something to do with Christmas;);)

Its a great tip , but if you format then the information has to be recreated.
This is not an issue for me as I just drop into the DCIM folder and delete any pictures and videos without formatting every time.

Reactions: JDawg and Porky
Its a great tip , but if you format then the information has to be recreated.
This is not an issue for me as I just drop into the DCIM folder and delete any pictures and videos without formatting every time.

I do the same, delete everything in the DCIM folder before a new flight. I format the mem card from new but would only format the card as and when needed.

Its not a problem re-entering my details again, whats a couple of minutes doing that knowing you stand a better chance of getting your pride and joy back;)

Again brilliant idea and thanks very much for sharing it to us all.ThumbswayupThumbswayup

I am working on creating a batch file that will prompt users for input as to what drive letter thier micro SD card reader has been assigned and then ask for them to enter thier phone number and FAA Registration Numbers

Directories with that information will be created on the drive letter they specify for thier card reader.
It will also check to see if those directories are present and if so indicate that.
So just a double click on a batch file will be all that is needed.

Stay tuned.

Reactions: Porky
Worried about loosing your Mavic?
If someone finds your lost Mavic what can be done to help them contact you and return it?

Have you already placed labels with your FAA Registration number and phone number on your Mavic to help protect your precious investment?

Thats a great start!

Here is a helpful tip that can potentially allow the person that found it return it to its rightful owner.

Load your Micro SD card or cards up in you card reader and access the folder structure.
There will be 2 default Folders already created if you have used the Mavic to shoot any photo's or video in the past

They are DCIM and MISC

Leave those alone and add 2 additional folders.

Add one that states your phone number and the other states your FAA registration number
There are 2 reasons I choose to create folders to present this information instead of a simple text file.

1. Not relying on the person that found the Mavic searching around looking for a text file. That could be missed.
2. Folder names cant be missed when searching the Micro SD card using a computer and they accept all kinds of alphanumeric characters as well as symbols within thier names.

Its something everyone should do!

What my Micro SD card folder structures look like (of course phone number information and FAA Registration number removed in this example to protect the innocent)
I use the underscores at the beginning of the file names so that they will be indexed and placed at the top of the folder listing.
View attachment 57155

Please like this thread posting if you find it helpful and informative! Thumbswayup
Great idea! I will be doing that!

Reactions: BD0G
Update:
Added Mavic SD Card Contact Generator program to the first post in the thread.
It works great!!! Feedback Welcomed!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman