DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pro tip to charge Mavic 3 battery faster (1 hour 36 min -> less than 1 hour)

Just received further clarification from DJI's tech support.

Mavic 3 battery support USB PD protocol for up to 65W, and PPS fast charging protocol up to 88W.

DJI's stock charger charges Mavic 3 battery at 65W, via USB PD protocol.

To enable the fast charging, you need to find a charger supporting 88W PPS fast charging protocol, and there are relatively few options available right now.

This is a (short) list of chargers verified to fast charge Mavic 3 battery, and where you can find them for purchase:

Wall charger:
- Wotobeus 130W USB-C GaN wall charger (Amazon)
- Baseus 100W GaN II Fast Charger (Amazon)
- Baseus 120W GaN charger (aliexpress)

Car charger:
- Wotobeus 120W USB-C charger (Amazon)
- Baseus 160W car charger (aliexpress)
Well, this isn't totally accurate. There are actually a zillion PPS chargers on the market. The protocol has been out there a while.

My favorite – I have 3 – 100W, 2 PPS ports and 2 QC3.0:

@Amazon

Charges M3 @88W, and if you didn't know the Mini 2 also charges faster (both in the drone and the 3batt multicharger) when plugged into a PPS power source.

Does the Apple 100W USB-C charger (for Macbook Pro) support PPS? Or am I only going to get the 65W charging with that?

Apple does not have a 100W USB-C charger. It has a 96W, and a 140W charger.

And what about the home charger ?

Baseus GaN Mini 2x USB C / USB 120W CCGAN-J01

Based on its specs, it can charge Mavic 3 battery using USB-PD protocol. The specs does not mention any support for PPS fast charging.

Reactions: dtzankatian
Based on its specs, it can charge Mavic 3 battery using USB-PD protocol. The specs does not mention any support for PPS fast charging.
if you go to the past answers someone tells that this charger support fast charging and charges faster the Mavic 3 batteries. I'm getting confused

if you go to the past answers someone tells that this charger support fast charging and charges faster the Mavic 3 batteries. I'm getting confused

You can always buy one and test it out yourself. At the end of the day, you still need to verify the charger works according to its spec.

Reactions: dtzankatian
Apple does not have a 100W USB-C charger. It has a 96W, and a 140W charger.
Okay, thanks for the useless passive-aggressive answer. Let me rephrase then: "does the Apple 96W USB-C charger (for Macbook Pro) support PPS? Or am I only going to get the 65W charging with that?".

Reactions: Claytonias
Okay, thanks for the useless passive-aggressive answer. Let me rephrase then: "does the Apple 96W USB-C charger (for Macbook Pro) support PPS? Or am I only going to get the 65W charging with that?".
A technical and unhelpful answer, but did not seem passive aggressive at all.

Dive into the FPV community, I'm sure they have some data. And they all use the same type of battery. Rule of thumb is to charge at 1C, but you can certainly up your C's if you want to charge your battery quickly. This is known to wear out your batteries, cause puffiness, decrease capacity, and ultimately lower the cycle count.

I can't look it up right now, but I'd be shocked if there wasn't any data available.
If you do the math you'll find 88w pretty much puts it at 1C (17.6 X 5A) so 88w charging is pretty safe. You'll find even with the cheapest nastiest crap quality LiPos on hobby king can do 1-2C charging no problem.

The higher quality packs can get higher but also cost (and weigh,) more.

Just purchase 3 Mavic 3 chargers and charge two batteries on each(I have 6).... thats what I currently do when I come home from shooting...
Without a hub, the batteries can only be charged in the drone, so you'll need 3 hubs, too! Alternatively, two hubs and two chargers will charge 6 batteries, without any swapping needed in the drone. It will take 50% longer, though.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143