DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pro tip to charge Mavic 3 battery faster (1 hour 36 min -> less than 1 hour)

This what I mean, there is a aftermarket fast charger for Mavic 3 at Aliexpress, check it out guys :

View attachment 139777
I have this for my Mavic2 Pro (although it is named differently - PowerExtra for Mavic 2- and really like it. It charges everything, 3 batteries and the SC or phone, at the same time. I'm sure you can charge faster with other options, but if you have the time, charging slower at a lower current will make your batteries last longer.

Last edited:
Reactions: maximusak
If you buy DJI Mavic 3, the package comes with a 65W GaN USB charger. It takes about one hour and 36 minutes to fully charge one battery, whether you charge it directly in the drone, or with the battery charging hub.

Now here comes the undocumented secret about Mavic 3 - it actually supports USB PD/PPS protocol for up to 88W. Now if you buy one of the 100W USB-C charger, with a 100W USB-C cable, you can fully charge the battery in Mavic 3 in less than one hour.

Note that this trick only works if you charge the battery in the drone, not with the battery charging hub.

This trick has been confirmed by multiple users in DJI's official user forum in China:

Just received further clarification from DJI's tech support.

Mavic 3 battery support USB PD protocol for up to 65W, and PPS fast charging protocol up to 88W.

DJI's stock charger charges Mavic 3 battery at 65W, via USB PD protocol.

To enable the fast charging, you need to find a charger supporting 88W PPS fast charging protocol, and there are relatively few options available right now.

This is a (short) list of chargers verified to fast charge Mavic 3 battery, and where you can find them for purchase:

Wall charger:
- Wotobeus 130W USB-C GaN wall charger (Amazon)
- Baseus 100W GaN II Fast Charger (Amazon)
- Baseus 120W GaN charger (aliexpress)

Car charger:
- Wotobeus 120W USB-C charger (Amazon)
- Baseus 160W car charger (aliexpress)

Last edited:
Just received further clarification from DJI's tech support.

Mavic 3 battery support USB PD protocol for up to 65W, and PPS fast charging protocol up to 88W.

DJI's stock charger charges Mavic 3 battery at 65W, via USB PD protocol.

To enable the fast charging, you need to find a charger supporting 88W PPS fast charging protocol, and there are relatively few options available right now.

This is a (short) list of chargers verified to fast charge Mavic 3 battery, and where you can find them for purchase:

Wall charger:
- Wotobeus 130W USB-C GaN wall charger (Amazon)
- Baseus 100W GaN II Fast Charger (Amazon)

Car charger:
- Wotobeus 120W USB-C charger (Amazon)
- Baseus 160W car charger (aliexpress)
Guess 51 Drones was using the wrong type of 100W charger.
Four DJI Mavic 3 Tests YOU Need To See!

Reactions: SkywalkerFeng
Yeah, by about 35%. It's an increase from the nominal 65W on the DJI charger to ~88W with the Wotobeus.
Excellent. Someone should tell 51 drones that he should have read the fine print, and purchased a conforming alternative charger, not a generic Walmart unit!

Excellent. Someone should tell 51 drones that he should have read the fine print, and purchased a conforming alternative charger, not a generic Walmart unit!

This is really DJI's fault, because there is no fine print. Their engineers built this excellent fast charging capacity into the new battery, but it is not mentioned anywhere in the public documentation. It has been a well-kept secret, until one of their product manager "leaked" it in DJI's official user forum in China.

Reactions: Point Zero
This is really DJI's fault, because there is no fine print. Their engineers built this excellent fast charging capacity into the new battery, but it is not mentioned anywhere in the public documentation. It has been a well-kept secret, until one of their product manager "leaked" it in DJI's official user forum in China.
True, but when a major YT drone channel wrongly tells everyone not to waste your money trying, it's on him to correct his mistake in the description or comments, or he loses credibility.

This what I mean, there is a aftermarket fast charger for Mavic 3 at Aliexpress, check it out guys :

View attachment 139777

This charger is now available on Amazon:

I have finished the first iteration of my Mavic 3 Battery Charging Case. Based on what I built for the Phantom 4 Pro years ago...

HVAS211213-1.jpgHVAS211213-3.jpgHVAS211213-4.jpg

Harbor Freight Apache 3800 Case
APC PE76 7 Outlet Power Strip
Baseus 100W GaN II USB-C Fast Charger
AGVEE 90 Degree Right Angled USB-C Male to USB-C Female Adapter
ULT-WIIQ-US USB-C 3.2 Cable 100W 90 Degree Right Angle
DJI Mavic 3 Battery Charging Hub

Reactions: GadgetGuy
When charging with the stock M3 charger, is the battery charging power reduced if you use the USB port to charge other things like your controller?

Yes.
When charging with the stock M3 charger, is the battery charging power reduced if you use the USB port to charge other things like your controller?

Just a heads up, I imagine fast charging these batteries will degrade them quicker than charging them at normal speeds. If anyone is familiar with charging FPV LiPo's, I imagine these are the same e.g. charging at 1C vs 3C, etc.

My point is, these are rather expensive to replace, so I'd ask myself, are the saved minutes worth it?

If you're making a living with your drone, probably. If flying as a hobby, I'd say no. YMMV

Just a heads up, I imagine fast charging these batteries will degrade them quicker than charging them at normal speeds. If anyone is familiar with charging FPV LiPo's, I imagine these are the same e.g. charging at 1C vs 3C, etc.

My point is, these are rather expensive to replace, so I'd ask myself, are the saved minutes worth it?

If you're making a living with your drone, probably. If flying as a hobby, I'd say no. YMMV

Is there any quantitive data to compare the remaining battery capacity, and battery failure rate, PPS fast charging vs. normal charging, over an extended period of time (e.g., two years)?

Such data is needed for a reasonable person to make an informed decision. Without it, any speculation about fast charging damaging batteries remains to be speculation.

Is there any quantitive data to compare the remaining battery capacity, and battery failure rate, PPS fast charging vs. normal charging, over an extended period of time (e.g., two years)?

Such data is needed for a reasonable person to make an informed decision. Without it, any speculation about fast charging damaging batteries remains to be speculation.

Dive into the FPV community, I'm sure they have some data. And they all use the same type of battery. Rule of thumb is to charge at 1C, but you can certainly up your C's if you want to charge your battery quickly. This is known to wear out your batteries, cause puffiness, decrease capacity, and ultimately lower the cycle count.

I can't look it up right now, but I'd be shocked if there wasn't any data available.

Hi there i leave in Greece as i read the all posts and replies from this post and i found here in my country, this

Baseus GaN Mini 2x USB C / USB 120W CCGAN-J01

Baseus 160W car charger

Is it ok if i use it to charge my mavic 3 batteries without damaging them?

Last edited:
Hi there i leave in Greece as i read the all posts and replies from this post and i found here in my country, this

Baseus GaN Mini 2x USB C / USB 120W CCGAN-J01

Baseus 160W car charger

Is it ok if i use it to charge my mavic 3 batteries without damaging them?

The short answer is yes.

I have Baseus 160W car charger, and it charges Mavic 3 battery in my car without any problem.

Reactions: dtzankatian
Does the Apple 100W USB-C charger (for Macbook Pro) support PPS? Or am I only going to get the 65W charging with that?

DJI may void the warranty if they find out you were charging at a higher rate since it's not officially supported.
Don't see how they'd win... It was their firmware that negotiated that power draw from the power supply..

That's how PPS works: When initially connected the supply tells the sink (in this case the M3) what profiles it can provide, and the sink then requests a voltage from that profile and starts drawing current.

PPS is quite a departure from older, simple power supplies. There's a separate data channel just for communication and power management between sink and source, where the particulars are negotiated over this data link.

It is impossible to overvoltage a PPS connection. If the drone draws 88W charging, then DJI designed it that way. They are 100% responsible.

Reactions: SkywalkerFeng
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98