DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pro vs Air - City/Dense Area Range

sopaj96

Reactions
I really need some input from someone that has used both aircrafts because I am facing a hard decision.

Love everything about my air...except the Enhanced Wifi...for me its been a real hit or miss. I have not lost signal completely yet, but I do get video stutters and signal interferences at only 40-100m distance.
Ive read a lot, and people seem to have very mixed results.

Im leaning towards getting a Mavic Pro as I do have the right to return my aircraft. But will it perform that much better in very dense areas than my air, thats what I kind of want to know before giving up on the extra things you get with the air.
Ive also read that the Air cant handle winds as good, and I just love the birds eye view pics and videos on beaches, which are usually windy, would that be an issue with the air?

Basically I just need some input from someone with both, or that has had both, to get a different perspective on things.
Maybe the grass is not greener on the other side so to say.

Thanks!

I have both and prefer the pro if I had both in my hand. But sometimes portability means I leave it at home over the airs more compact nature

Reactions: ToddR
I have Pro Plat, Spark and Air. Between those two(Air and Pro) occusync wins the battle!! Enhanced WiFi works way better than Wifi(Spark) but never as good as Occusync. Also, I found a little bit noisy the Air compared with the Platinum. Even the standard Mavic Pro with Low Noise propellers it’s quieter than the Air. Not sure if that’s true but it’s my opinion. The only feature I like about the Air is internal storage, and Slow Motion. As for the rear sensors well, they will add extra safety but most pilots don’t even need those sensors in most cases. Mavic Pro is more powerful than his son so can handle winds better of course. If you need to repair the Pro(If out of warranty) is easier to disassembly than the Air. Pro has a redundant compass I think.

I have Pro Plat, Spark and Air. Between those two(Air and Pro) occusync wins the battle!! Enhanced WiFi works way better than Wifi(Spark) but never as good as Occusync. Also, I found a little bit noisy the Air compared with the Platinum. Even the standard Mavic Pro with Low Noise propellers it’s quieter than the Air. Not sure if that’s true but it’s my opinion. The only feature I like about the Air is internal storage, and Slow Motion. As for the rear sensors well, they will add extra safety but most pilots don’t even need those sensors in most cases. Mavic Pro is more powerful than his son so can handle winds better of course. If you need to repair the Pro(If out of warranty) is easier to disassembly than the Air. Pro has a redundant compass I think.
The slow motion can be perform in final cut pro x if you use OS X. I have the Platinum and this is my favorite video editing platform. Also have the standard iMovie but prefer final cut.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
llMUTTZZll