DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

problem of connection phone + RC

Clemham

Reactions
Hi I'm new here and I just bought a mavic Air combo and the thing is, no matter what I tried I can't connect my iPhone to the controller and control the drone like it should be.
I can control it with only my phone or the RC(without the phone connect), does someone have or had this problem and can help me to fix it ?
The only thing I didn't try is to update the firmware because I dont know how.

I tried this one :

which work but only separately, I want to have both phone and RC to pilot my drone but I can't...
If someone can help me that would be awesome !

If someone can help me that would be awesome !

Change the cable that you are using to connect the RC to your phone.

P.S. Don't even think about flying until after you've downloaded the latest Instruction Manual from the DJI website and read and re-read it until you are certain that you thoroughly understand everything in it.

If there is anything that needs clarification, log on to this site and use the Search function.

Change the cable that you are using to connect the RC to your phone.

P.S. Don't even think about flying until after you've downloaded the latest Instruction Manual from the DJI website and read and re-read it until you are certain that you thoroughly understand everything in it.

If there is anything that needs clarification, log on to this site and use the Search function.

I already tried by changing the cable, I use my apple cable connect it to the USB port but nothing change.
I also noticed that when the remote is link to the drone and next I plug my iPhone to the remote, the remote desconnect itself from the drone. Is it normal ?
And yes I will read this before any flight !

I already tried by changing the cable, I use my apple cable connect it to the USB port but nothing change.

Why the USB port instead the port near the left arm of the RC? Switch to the latter, and follow this sequence:
--All off
--Power on the RC, wait for the LED to say "connecting"
--Power on the AC, wait until the LED says "connected"
--Power on the phone
--Once the phone shows that it has detected the Air, Open DJI GO 4 in the phone
--Do all the usual pre-flight checks, including of all the settings on all the tabs

I also noticed that when the remote is link to the drone and next I plug my iPhone to the remote, the remote desconnect itself from the drone. Is it normal ?

Not normal -- verify in the iPhone's settings that you are allowing DJI GO 4 to take over the phone

And yes I will read this before any flight !

Good decision

Hi,

Thanks for your message I tried everything but nothing is working, it seems like the RC don't accept my phone or maybe the RC have an internal problem that block my phone. when I plug it nothing happen so I dont know what to do...

The only thing I didn't try is to update the firmware because I dont know how.

Well, since you're new here... I promise to exercise a little kindness.
You MUST update the firmware and start flying with the latest DJI Go4 version. The Air is new and since it's release has had a number of Firmware update and the most recent has some safety fixes. Firmware updates can also include updates to your Remote and Batteries.

Now the un-kind part. Read the manual. You shouldn't be operating this aircraft having only scanned the quickstart guide.

Had you read and understood the manual you would have learned how to update the firmware (there's two ways) and learned the order of process for starting your aircraft.

Also, you would have learned about DJI Support. They have both an email and online Chat that is perfect for getting answers to some of the basic issues AND can issue a CASE # if they discover that there is a problem. I know, I've used the service twice and had very very good results.

RTFM.

I don’t know about the air remote but if it is like the pro, you have to remove the phone connector completely from the side of the remote before the bottom usb will work. Maybe an air owner that isn’t promoting RTFM will chime in and confirm.

Reactions: Mossiback
Hi guys,

Thanks for all your replies, I finally figure why the linked didn't work and it was because my phone was on the first update of IOS and I needed to update my phone to be compatible. so now I will go read all manuals before any flights and hope that nothing bad will happen !

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SK farming