DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Problem Pairing with Mavic Mini (fcc version) and Remote control (ce version)

Brymacm

Reactions
Hello drone community!!!

I have had a problem with the remote control of my Mavic Mini FCC version, the charging port has broken. Luckily or maybe not I have got a new remote control which is CE version. I have tried to pair the new control with my drone in the traditional way but I have failed. Is it possible that they are incompatible because they are different versions? Or would I have to reinstall the firmware on the drone again so that it can pair with the new controller? or there shouldn't be a problem and I'm making a mistake?

Is there anyone here who has been through the same problem?

Help Please!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: slup
Hi there & welcome to the forum ? :D

If I remember it correctly one or the other have only 5.8GHz & the other both 2.4 & 5.8GHz ... so most likely not interchangeable.

• Sad
Reactions: Brymacm
Edited due to typo

At a guess I would say you might struggle because of the CE vs FCC thing, there are hardware differences. I saw a thread on the DJI forum about this but don't remember its conclusion.

But the purpose of my post is to say, why not dismantle the FCC controller and see if the board holding the USB connector would be easily swappable between the two controllers?
You have nothing to lose by opening the FCC controller and might even find that you can replace the damaged socket.
If you think the swap is viable it might be an idea to list any chip numbers that you can see so that some folks here might be able to say yes or no.
This looks like a reasonable video

see also

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Brymacm and slup
unfortunately,the original mini remotes are specific to the drone ,so are not interchangeable ,thats why they have different serial numbers

Easier buying a new MM remote controller button board which has the usb port and replacing the board in the FCC remote controller. Sell the CE controller without damaging it by opening it up.

Ebay

Or

See remote controller tear down towards bottom of web page. Also get some good plastic splugders to help open the RC case.

Last edited:
Hi there & welcome to the forum ? :D

If I remember it correctly one or the other have only 5.8GHz & the other both 2.4 & 5.8GHz ... so most likely not interchangeable.
It's a shame well, thanks for the help.

Hello drone community!!!

I have had a problem with the remote control of my Mavic Mini FCC version, the charging port has broken. Luckily or maybe not I have got a new remote control which is CE version. I have tried to pair the new control with my drone in the traditional way but I have failed. Is it possible that they are incompatible because they are different versions? Or would I have to reinstall the firmware on the drone again so that it can pair with the new controller? or there shouldn't be a problem and I'm making a mistake?

Is there anyone here who has been through the same problem?

Help Please!!!
I have/had both FCC and CE remotes for my MM. They are not compatible with different versions of the MM. The FCC remote will only work with the FCC MM and the CE remote will only work with the CE MM. Believe me I have tried it. However I have just sold my CE MM and am left with a brand new FCC remote. I have used it only once so if you would like it I will post it to you free of charge as it is no use to me.

Well...even if it was a new FCC remote control?
i meant the US FCC version will only work with a US spec drone and the CE remote to the rest of the world spec drone

I have/had both FCC and CE remotes for my MM. They are not compatible with different versions of the MM. The FCC remote will only work with the FCC MM and the CE remote will only work with the CE MM. Believe me I have tried it. However I have just sold my CE MM and am left with a brand new FCC remote. I have used it only once so if you would like it I will post it to you free of charge as it is no use to me.
Hello friend! Sorry that I have been slow to reply. I have tried to do the repair of the control by myself, in the end I changed the button board which has the usb port from the CC version to the FCC version and surprisingly it worked, my drone has returned to fly. However I am afraid that the button board will not last long due to the poor connection it has with the battery (it used to have a kind of glue that prevented disconnection). I would really appreciate if I could have your FCC control if you don't have any use of it. I can take care of the shipping cost without any problem. I really appreciate the gesture man.

Hello friends! Sorry that I have been slow to reply. I have tried to do the repair of the control by myself, in the end I changed the button board which has the usb port from the control CC version to the FCC version and surprisingly it worked, my drone has returned to fly. However I am afraid that the button board will not last long due to the poor connection it has with the battery (it used to have a kind of glue that prevented disconnection). Well for now it is working. Thank you very much for your opinions and the help in general. I appreciate it!!!

Hello friend! Sorry that I have been slow to reply. I have tried to do the repair of the control by myself, in the end I changed the button board which has the usb port from the CC version to the FCC version and surprisingly it worked, my drone has returned to fly. However I am afraid that the button board will not last long due to the poor connection it has with the battery (it used to have a kind of glue that prevented disconnection). I would really appreciate if I could have your FCC control if you don't have any use of it. I can take care of the shipping cost without any problem. I really appreciate the gesture man.
I had almost given up on you. I will box up the remote with good protective packaging and post it to you asap. All I need from you is your postal address. Unless it is really expensive which I doubt then I will not need reimbursing for the shipping.

You can contact me via email: [email protected]

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143