DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Problem Synching Flights in DJI Pilot

Kbviper

Reactions
I fly both a MEZ and a MED for work purposes. I have been using three different iPad Air 2 tablets (1 with SIM card) for flying and was synching the flights without any problems in DJI Pilot.

About 2 weeks ago, I tried synching a flight on DJI Pilot after I landed and after it started got a "Synch Failed. Retry"message. I have since flown with all three iPads and none will synch the flights in DJI Pilot. As the synching starts, they stop somewhere between 3-98% and give the synch failed message.

I have been flying a P4 and Mavic Pro on DJI Go 4, and a MM on DJI Fly and all of them are synching flights without any problems.

I have an Airdata account, so have to synch the flights in the DJI software so I can upload them into Airdata for analysis.

I did remove and reinstall DJI Pilot on one of the iPads but it did not fix the problem.

Has anyone had similar problems, or does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.

I fly both a MEZ and a MED for work purposes. I have been using three different iPad Air 2 tablets (1 with SIM card) for flying and was synching the flights without any problems in DJI Pilot.

About 2 weeks ago, I tried synching a flight on DJI Pilot after I landed and after it started got a "Synch Failed. Retry"message. I have since flown with all three iPads and none will synch the flights in DJI Pilot. As the synching starts, they stop somewhere between 3-98% and give the synch failed message.

I have been flying a P4 and Mavic Pro on DJI Go 4, and a MM on DJI Fly and all of them are synching flights without any problems.

I have an Airdata account, so have to synch the flights in the DJI software so I can upload them into Airdata for analysis.

I did remove and reinstall DJI Pilot on one of the iPads but it did not fix the problem.

This is a known issue. It may be related to the separation of iPadOS from iOS. It appears to be an iOS 13 issue with the latest iPadOS update. If you use more than one iOS device, the logs from the other devices on iPadOS will no longer sync. The logs are still on each iOS device locally though, and will still sync if the iPad is on iOS 12 and below.
Which iPads have you updated to iPadOS?

Last edited:
Thanks GadgetGuy. I am running iOS 13.2.3, which I guess is the problem. Hopefully a future update to either the DJI software or Apple iOS will address this issue. One of the iPads is on 12.4.1 and will not synch either.

It looks like there is no easy way to roll back the iOS on the iPad.

Last edited:
Thanks GadgetGuy. I am running iOS 13.2.3, which I guess is the problem. Hopefully a future update to either the DJI software or Apple iOS will address this issue. One of the iPads is on 12.4.1 and will not synch either.

It looks like there is no easy way to roll back the iOS on the iPad.
From what I have read, iOS 13 on the iPad is, in fact, iPadOS.
All my flying iPads are still on iOS 10, and my iPhone is still on iOS 11.
I keep everything on the iOS version it shipped with, after bricking my iPhone 6+ updating to iOS 11 to support a new Apple Watch. Had to buy an iPhone 8+ to solve the problem! Only my Mini 5 is on iOS 12, but I don't use it for flying.

You can rollback, but only if you updated iOS through iTunes and made a backup copy before updating. I learned that the hard way, too! Me, once I have a working iOS and Go 4 app version, along with a working aircraft FW version, I sandbox everything, and turn off all auto-updates, and continuously refuse all updates, including NFZ's. Any change in the iOS breaks multiple apps, and often changes the functionality of the rest. It can take months for the developers to update their apps, if ever.

DJI will likely eventually fix the incompatibility, if they can. Could take a while, though. Fortunately, the files are still there, if they are able to fix the syncing issue, unless attempted iPadOS syncing created corruption in the server files.

As you probably know, the sync is a two way process. First the files on the device are uploaded. Then the new files on the server are downloaded. The upload from 12.4.1 might still be working, but if there are corrupted uploaded files on the server from iPadOS, the download from the server might no longer work.

I’m having problems too but mine is on the crystal sky android I can manage to get them cached
In the off-line map section but cannot get it to load in the pilot app

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada