DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Problem Transferring Photo Files to Computer

philg

Reactions
I have successfully downloaded jpg files from from my Mavic to my iPhone using the DJI GO 4 app and transferred them to my Mac using Photo Stream. However, when I connect my Mac directly to the Mavic USB port, using the micro USB cable, I can open find the jpg and mov files but cannot transfer them to my Mac and open them. I get the following message
The file “DJI_0042.JPG” could not be opened.
It may be damaged or use a file format that Preview doesn’t recognize.

This is true for all the files, including those successfully transferred using the DJI GO app. I have scanned the forums and have not found this problem discussed. Any suggestions?

Reactions: Flynz
Hi! im having a problem here. while im recording videos in my mavic, got pop up "cache not found". when i open dji go apps to auto edit videos, my recent videos dont have. but when i connect via usb to my notebook, have. pleease someone. im not good in manual editing

Flawless
microSD card reader allowed me to transfer the photos to my computer successfully. Thanks. I do not, however, understand why connecting the drone to the computer with the cable does not work.
Phil

It could be the cable, not all cables are of equal capabilities.
Some are just "charging cables", and some are true sync/data cables.

Reactions: Flawless
Try removing the microSD card from the drone and use a USB card reader.

Yep, it's the best way.
Sometimes I ask myself why DJI didn't include a SD card reader with the Mavic... I giggle when I use the USB card reader which came with my first cheapo no-gps, no RTH, 2Mp camera drone :)
BTW it's in my signature

Probably because most computers have a SD reader built in and like my iPhone is syns automatically with the iPad, MacAir and MacMini computers.

I have the same problem intermittently. The Mac does to always respond to the Mavic Pro. It can take a couple of attempts. Secondly the actual download is very very slow. Way slower than my SLR.
I found a third party cable was more reliable than the cable supplied by DJI. This function has not been properly sorted at all.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada