DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Problem Unlocking an Authorization Zone

I emailed DJI support directly and requested a 1 year unlock since I live next to a small regional airport. Best email I ever sent. They granted it no problem.

I see that this has already been discussed often, but none of the threads I looked at seemed to cover my problem.

I live in an Authorization Zone with a 250ft ceiling. I use Kittyhawk to get a LAANC authorization. This afternoon, I tried to fly and the Authorization Zone warning came up as usual. When I tried to take off, the unlock screen came up and I checked all the boxes, as usual, and it came back with the message that the unlock was successful. The red Authorization Zone warning was still on the screen and the drone would not start. I tried several times, rebooted the iPhone, and updated the app. Still no joy.

In the past it has sometimes taken 2-3 tries to get it to unlock, but not today.

Any advice would be appreciated.

UPDATE: Naturally, as soon as I posted this, I gave it one last try. It worked perfectly. #$&%!!!.

Still, I spent a frustrating hour (not counting posting this thread) and I would like to avoid a repeat. So if you have any ideas, please let me know.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JMatt