DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Problem updating DJI Fly App

Josiah S

Reactions
Hello once again. I just found out that there is that new app update. When I try to download it it downloads up to about 98 or so percent completed and then stops and says download failed free up space on mobile device. Well, that would make since that I would have to free up space if my phone was full but my phone has over 30gb of storage remaining. I would hope this app would not take up that much room.? I have tried downloading it many times and can not get it to work. I have a Samsung Galaxy S8 Active that I recently purchased used because my iPhone 6 overheated when running the fly app. My phone has always worked very well to my knowledge with the fly app. Also I run a Mavic Air 2. Is there any need to update the app at all for my air 2? Thank you for your replies.

Hello once again. I just found out that there is that new app update. When I try to download it it downloads up to about 98 or so percent completed and then stops and says download failed free up space on mobile device. Well, that would make since that I would have to free up space if my phone was full but my phone has over 30gb of storage remaining. I would hope this app would not take up that much room.? I have tried downloading it many times and can not get it to work. I have a Samsung Galaxy S8 Active that I recently purchased used because my iPhone 6 overheated when running the fly app. My phone has always worked very well to my knowledge with the fly app. Also I run a Mavic Air 2. Is there any need to update the app at all for my air 2? Thank you for your replies.
Have you tried deleting the app from your phone and reinstalling with the new version?...... Its a bit of a pain but often the best solution.

It's possible that you have 30gb of space available on your SD card but not on internal memory. The S8 series and beyond( prior too, but can't remember when exactly) allowed to run apps from the SD card, "merge" internal and external memory or only run from internal. Depending on the phone model, and os version, you will sometimes show Xgb available space but not how much of it is internal vs external

It's possible that you have 30gb of space available on your SD card but not on internal memory. The S8 series and beyond( prior too, but can't remember when exactly) allowed to run apps from the SD card, "merge" internal and external memory or only run from internal. Depending on the phone model, and os version, you will sometimes show Xgb available space but not how much of it is internal vs external
I have no sd card in the phone. It is all internal storage to my knowledge. I did delete the app and install it again and that worked. Thanks for your help

I have the same issue and DJI support was absolutely no help. I've tried everything. I have an S10e galaxy with 80 GB of internal space. Do I have to get a new phone? This is ridiculous...:-(

I found that the update from 1.4x to 1.5x requires to remove (de-install) the current app in order to install 1.5x on the smart controller. Once at 1.5x it appears a simple update works again.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d