DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Problem with Mavic 3 shots blue tint lines with lines in the photo

jetthebeat

Reactions
Hi All,

Its hard to describe what its so sudden what happened to the jpgs and raws of my Mavic 3 on a sunset shoot same problem with 1x and 7x.

i attached a few jpgs to show the problem.

kindly check the jpgs and let me know if you encountered this and found a solution.

thank you!

Attachments

• DJI_0966.JPG
    9.7 MB · Views: 16
  • DJI_0957.JPG
    DJI_0957.JPG
    5.9 MB · Views: 30
  • Screen Shot 2023-03-12 at 11.16.00 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-03-12 at 11.16.00 PM.png
    3.2 MB · Views: 28
  • Screen Shot 2023-03-12 at 11.14.02 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-03-12 at 11.14.02 PM.png
    7.5 MB · Views: 27
Last edited:
I don't see the blue tint lines. Can you circle them or point them out?

I don't see the blue tint lines. Can you circle them or point them out?
ohhh may i know what you can see? i screen capture what i can see and attach here again.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-03-12 at 11.14.02 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-03-12 at 11.14.02 PM.png
    7.5 MB · Views: 24
  • Screen Shot 2023-03-12 at 11.16.00 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-03-12 at 11.16.00 PM.png
    3.2 MB · Views: 26
I see them, particularly down in the traffic. No idea what's causing that....

Those lines do not look even vaguely normal. No clue what could cause this. I shoot 7x a lot and have never seen anything like this.

I was looking in the sky but do see in the traffic a lot of weird stuff. Was this an AEB shot with failed stitching? Cars and other items are broken up....I wonder if the blue could be the sky shining through whatever structures are on the left of the road (talking about the photo on the right) but if it's AEB it did not stitch properly.

Does your raw (DNG) files also look like that? How about video?
Seems like a camera error. Probably not the sensor itself since you get the error with both the wideangle and tele lens, but some kind of processing error.
You could try another sd-card, but this does not look like a typical card error. But try it anyway.

What was the white balance setting? Was color adjusted (automatically or manually) to "white" to correct for a red color sunset?

Is this from the drone or the controller? The only thing I could think of is the overexposure zebra stripes on the controller. If it's off of the SD card out of the drone itself, then it looks as though you have a faulty camera.

When an image looks like this, it has of course nothing to do with white balance or shutter speed.
The blue color is likely a white imbalance issue.
The multiple lines is likely a separate exposure shutter speed issue. The building vertical edges almost look like multiple exposures. Or it really is a faulty camera.
Knowing all camera controls from the OP would help.

Only time I have seen this is when I tried to do a HDR shot with 3 to 5 exposures on a windy day. The overlays didnt quite line up correctly and came out looking like double triple exposures gone bad.

Reactions: FLDave
The blue color is likely a white imbalance issue.
The multiple lines is likely a separate exposure shutter speed issue. The building vertical edges almost look like multiple exposures. Or it really is a faulty camera.
Knowing all camera controls from the OP would help.
What's visible in the images has nothing to do with white balance or shutter speed.
The camera settings are clearly visible in the image metadata.

Its hard to describe what its so sudden what happened to the jpgs and raws of my Mavic 3 on a sunset shoot same problem with 1x and 7x
All you can do is try shooting some test images to see if the problem persists.
No need to fly ... you can do it on your desk.
If the problem is still there, try
resetting the drone to factory defaults.
But I suspect It won't help and you'll need to return the drone for a replacement.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smittysflying