DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Problem with MicroSD slot.

Skarl7583

Reactions
My microSD card is stuck in the slot and will not pop out. Even when I press down, there is no movement. It is not a problem where it doesn't come out enough and I need tweezers. IT DOESN'T COME OUT AT ALL. Are there any suggestions?

I had to push in the SD card with a broad-headed pin to get it to disengage and pop out. After that I decided to replace it with a bigger card and never remove it, instead I use the USB-C port to download pics and video.

Reactions: Ping^Spike
wow this is the 2nd sd slot fail i have read in 2 days, def makes me rethink taking mine out after each days shooting, i think i will start using the usb till it wears out and by that time i hope theres a mav2 available haha or a wifi mico sd card

Yeah I recommend usb cable. SD slots are notoriously fiddly. Even more so on the air as it's recessed into the drone.

I’m wondering if people are inserting it incorrectly first, like the wrong side up?
I’ve used the same type slot for SD since my Phantom 3, and now have 6 different DJI drones with no issues. Even my Sony Vaio has the same setup.

Reactions: Former Member
It's pretty tricky to get out, I generally take a second card and push it in to get it to release. I struggle with it once it's out to pull it the rest of the way. Fat fingers!

The SD card slot is my biggest gripe with the Mavic Air, but I've managed to get used to it. At first, I couldn't get the card to eject at all either. Then, I was able to get it to eject but couldn't grab the darn thing to pull it out. Now I'm able to do both but it's still a pain. Hopefully, yours is not actually stuck but may require something firm and narrow to push down on it to get it to pop out.

The problem with using the USB port on the Air itself is that the thing has to be powered on to download footage from it. And it my experience, it seemed slower downloading the footage from the Air itself than using my card reader on my computer. So for now, I'll continue removing the sd card to download footage, but I hope I don't end up with a broken sd slot.

Reactions: Coskier
New arrival here, with a days-old Air - that's still not taken to the air! I have several cards used in a P4 and some cheap little "action cams" so didn't have to buy one right away, figured I'd see how the existing ones fared before making another buy.
And then thought "which way up is right?" and could find nothing to tell me. Nor found anything on my usual first stop when puzzled - YTube. Eventually found a german clip showing (speeded up for some reason) the card to be contact side uppermost. Good enough. Then had a wrestling match with quite the least ergonomically designed aspect of hi tech kit I can recall ever having to deal with. I did succeed, but had to wonder what sort of designers' meeting could it have been to decide where to put the bloody thing... Quite, quite crazy. The P4 could hardly be any more accessible. Different design teams who never share common design elements? I expected more from DJI.

It's as though the intent is to keep it from being removed unnecessarily - maybe it's the factory's idea to get us to transfer data via the comms port. Certainly I'll be avoiding this ridiculous card port whenever possible.

I also wondered if there's a good tech reason for insisting on these fragile little micro-cards in the first place.. the "full sized" SD cards are hardly heavy or massive, yet pretty much everything barring DSLRs uses the tiny ones. Easily dropped/lost in grass, fiddly in the extreme. Guess I'm just feeling like a moan right now because the weather's been grim ever since it arrived, wind/sleet/raid/more wind etc etc moan moan gripe gripe! :)

Hi, I had the same problem, then I watched this video on YouTube (
). He suggested simply putting a small piece of tape on the back of the mini SD card - works like a charm.
Hope this helps.

My microSD card is stuck in the slot and will not pop out. Even when I press down, there is no movement. It is not a problem where it doesn't come out enough and I need tweezers. IT DOESN'T COME OUT AT ALL. Are there any suggestions?
OP, if you have no success getting the card out, You should send your mavic in to DJI for a replacement. These SD card problems only get worse once A card gets stuck. Your Spring might have gotten damaged. 1st thing I would do is offload any media you have from the card and then send the whole Drone In to DJI

That's a neat idea - like it!

Hi, I had the same problem, then I watched this video on YouTube (
). He suggested simply putting a small piece of tape on the back of the mini SD card - works like a charm.
Hope this helps.

Is the aircraft still under warranty?

In my case, the 16GB card that came with the aircraft completely disappeared inside the card reader.

DJI Support sent me a pre-paid FEDEX label.

Parts and labor total of $418 -- all covered by the warranty. I was not asked to use my DJI Care/Refresh.

It's currently on its way back to me, at DJI's expense.

Reactions: Former Member
Is the aircraft still under warranty?

In my case, the 16GB card that came with the aircraft completely disappeared inside the card reader.

DJI Support sent me a pre-paid FEDEX label.

Parts and labor total of $418 -- all covered by the warranty. I was not asked to use my DJI Care/Refresh.

It's currently on its way back to me, at DJI's expense.

That's what I would do. Hope the Ops Air is still under warranty.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
instaproapk