DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Problem with my Mavic?

Crypticvapor

Reactions
Hello all, let me start by saying i am a new dji pilot and took my Mavic out for the first time for 3 consecutive flights today all at the same location. Flight one and two went well and i slowly gained confidence so on the final flight i decided to go up to around 200 FT and fly a bit further then i had. I was on my way back to prepare for landing around 200 feet give or take the drone started to ascend without any commands to around 304.8FT. I then got a message that said landing and it started to slowly descend right above some trees. I tried to give it commands but it hovered for a few seconds, after hovering i regained enough command to land it. Here are the flight logs and i AM willing to admit i could have done something wrong but i need to know what so i can apply it in the future. Thanks for any help you can offer.

Flight logs in order of flights total of 3
HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters

Last edited:
If you upload your TXT flight log here, you should be able to figure out what happened by reviewing the flight data. If you need help making sense of the flight log, then post a link back here after you upload the TXT file.

Where in your log do you see this occurring?

"I was on my back to prepare for landing around 200 feet give or take the drone started to ascend without any commands to around 317FT."

Where in your log do you see this occurring?

"I was on my back to prepare for landing around 200 feet give or take the drone started to ascend without any commands to around 317FT."
i corrected the typo and being in a panicked state im unsure of exact altitudes

Just got off the phone with DJI they verified the un commanded altitude increase I had and they said to fly in airplane mode ( fine, but my phone is only for the drone no calls or extra apps). Also they told me to do a IMU and Compass calibration before each flight??? This seems wrong can anyone advise.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Yes I asked them to verify that they meant IMU and he repeated to do a IMU and compass calibration. I then asked how long a IMU calibration takes and he told me 2 minutes.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Maybe do the IMU the next few times you go to fly. I certainly would not do it every time. Compass, that just may be good practice once in a while. Oh, and if you have a smart watch (Apple Watch or the like) take it off - it will mess with the compass calibrations.

Last, but not least, as a new pilot (I still do this) memorize that Pause button above all else. It can and will stop the drone on a dime.

i just got the mavic aswell....charged everything and ready to go except I have heard the go 4 app has been really bad + had a lot of RTH problems of being very far away/wrong... What did you use for your flights? and what would others recommend? Go4 and risk it is only isolated to some? earlier go off 3rd party download sites? or pay for litchi to make sure I not have a fly away first time out?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corbo2000