DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Problem with Quick Transfer

peejay

Reactions
When I try to connect for Quick Transfer using the rear led button, after it tries a while to connect I get a message popup that says "Connection Failed. Aircraft already connected to another mobile device. Restart aircraft and try again."
Has anyone else come across this and know the answer?
Thanks.

I haven’t had that problem but I would make sure that you have all other wifi disconnected from your device before you try connecting drone and also make sure the Bluetooth is set for the drone.
Hope this helps!

make sure that you have all other wifi disconnected from your device
I would extend this answer to make sure all "other" WiFi and Bluetooth devices are also off. I use two different tablets with my Mini 2. I had an issue like this only to find out that the tablet that I was not using at that time was linking up to the Drone before the one I was using, I usually do not turn off my tablets except when I am charging them....

Reactions: eva2000
When I try to connect for Quick Transfer using the rear led button, after it tries a while to connect I get a message popup that says "Connection Failed. Aircraft already connected to another mobile device. Restart aircraft and try again."
Thanks.
I got the same message after my 1st flight with my new Mini 2 today. I didn't have any other wifi devices with me either. Did you figure it out @peejay ?

Before I go out to fly, since I use a WiFi only tablet and I cannot Hotspot to my smartphone, I always do several things. I perform a Setup, Device Maintenance, that cleans up all the trash and Apps that are needlessly running in the background, then I Restart the Tablet and I load the DJI Fly App and bring up the Satellite Map of the location that I will be flying to load the maps into the queue incase I need to find a "lost/crashed" drone and I want to actually see the trees, hills, houses, etc…

However, in your case I would also recommend doing a Cold Boot of all items (actually turn everything off, not just a restart…), Drone, the controller, and the device (phone or tablet). And make sure any friends, buddies, or family members (kids playing with a Nitendo) are not "packing…"

By the way, my hearing aids are WiFi and the drone has sometimes found them…

Also, make sure your device has both the WiFi and Bluetooth enabled, the DJI App active and then turn on the drone and then try to connect after the drone performs the self-test start up.

Is this a new problem or has it always been this way? Did you get a replacement Drone from DJI and now you have this problem? It makes a difference…

Last edited:
I do not know how you are doing this, I do not know what actions or what order you are doing this so all that I will recommend it that you review the DJI Tutorial on this, view numerous YouTube Videos on this, and reread the user manual…

DJI Short Tutorial…

Some YouTube Videos…

And here is the link to the Mini 2 User Manual, the Quck Transfer Instructins start on Page 13… (Lucky 13…).

DJI Mini 2 - Download Center - DJI

Let the Fun Begin…

I do not know how you are doing this, I do not know what actions or what order you are doing this so all that I will recommend it that you review the DJI Tutorial on this, view numerous YouTube Videos on this, and reread the user manual…
Cheers thanks for the links

I ended up just opting to use sdcard and reader and transfers way faster than 20MB/s at 70-90MB/s instead :)

Reactions: zonurben
I ended up just opting to use sdcard and reader and transfers way faster than 20MB/s at 70-90MB/s instead
A month after posting my last comments to you, I learned something new… Plugging your baby directly into your computer eliminates the need to remove the MicroSD card each time you want to down load… Which is why I posted what I did… The MicroSD and the slot you have to push it back into on your drone is not made for this type of constant use…

Just remember, do not turn your drone on until it's all connected, otherwise it goes into charge mode and you are not going to transfer anything…

I think this way is just as fast as your method...

My mini 3 just started doing this to me the other day. It used to work just fine. I know I can transfer using a card reader but there are times I like using the DJI app to edit and post real quick. Is there a way to fix this or even get the DJI app for PC?

• Wow
Reactions: LoudThunder
Is there a way to fix this or even get the DJI app for PC?
As far as I know, you have to use another photo/video editing package for use on a PC, the Fly App has no PC compatible equivalent...

Thanks.
mine started doing that today on my Mavic 3 and my Mavic fine..

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS