DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Transfer photos with card in the Mini?

I don't know about that as I do not think the charge cable to charge your battery in your drone uses the Data side of the cable when connected to the Drone...

I use Quick Transfer to get the photos/video off the drone to my tablet (my album), then I Share the stuff to the Google My Drive and then to the PC...

Or you can pull the MicroSD Card and put it into an adapter that plugs into your PC…

I do not like this as it means I'm pulling my MicroSD Card out of the drone every time I fly and if you've followed the issues with the Drone's slot for the card on the forum, you would be afraid, very afraid to keep pulling and re-insetting the little card…

Turn on the Mini 2, plug into a PC with a data cable and the card will be recognized. Works for me.
I'll my Mini 1 and see if the results are the same and edit this post.

CONFIRM - Mini 1 works the same. Drone must be booted.
PC is Win 10 Pro.

Last edited:
Some additional testing confirms that this same method, (data cable) can be used with Android devices using Android version 7 or later and a OTG, (On The Go) adapter.
This method may be faster than Quick Transfer and not require WIFI and Bluetooth be turned on. Of course this does require that you have a OTG adapter, but currently they are very small, (LINK).

“Well, I'll be hornswoggled and tater whipped!" You can download your MicroSD Card from your Mini 2 directly to your PC using a USB cable… It may apply to other Mini Models, but I only have the Mini 2

I have read and viewed just about everything DJI has put out about getting your data off the MicroSD Card and I never came across this…

It worked, I was able to download all my videos and photos off of the MicroSD Card while it was still inserted in the Mini 2 Drone.

I used was a Charge/Data USB-A/USB-C cable and with my PC (Windows 10) powered on. (The USB-A is your plain, old, everyday USB Cable…)

I was only successful this way. With the PC running and the USB-A plugged into the PC; Turn On the Drone, let the Drone goes through its Self-Test/Boot Phase. When the tail light is blinking Yellow, plug the USB-C cable into the Drone. In a short while, the PC will find the Drone (probably identified as a USB-(something…). If the PC tells you it found a new device, it's your drone. If it asks what you want to do, choose Explore or Look at Files, and Windows should bring up the File Manager. After the first time, windows should just bring up the File Manager for you…

When I plugged the Drone into the PC first and then turn the Drone on, the Drone stayed in Charge Mode and no Data Link was established.

This method also gives you access to all the logs and files stored on the MicroSD Card.

Last edited:
Turn on the Mini 2, plug into a PC with a data cable and the card will be recognized. Works for me.
I'll my Mini 1 and see if the results are the same and edit this post.

CONFIRM - Mini 1 works the same. Drone must be booted.
PC is Win 10 Pro.
Thanx and Great RC_Adik! I didn't know that I need a different cable! A datacable.
it works perfect!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13