DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

problems with video on DJIGo and osmo mobile 2

Arnold

Reactions
Having a problem with osmo mobile 2 and dji go app. When I first got it, the videos were recorded in mp4 with the h264 codec. This played fine on my mac. Since then the DJIGo app has been updated. Now when I import the videos from the video cache, videos are playing back choppy and and are not recognized by final cut pro. I have also noticed under the video properties that the codec changed to hvc1. I haven't found a fix to this problem and was wondering if anyone else has encountered this issue and or found a fix.

I would quite like to know a solution for this too. I have been trying to import a lot of Osmo footage and it is all this new codec, hvc1, which as you say isn't supported. I have even tried converting it but not only does it take forever, but it comes out black.

Good to know someone else is having this problem. I’ve had issues with previewing my Mavic Pro raw images on my Mac as well. This resolved itself once I reluctantly upgraded from macOS ask Sieira to High Sierra. I have a feeling that it may be related to the operating system on the phone. My iPhone 6s did not have this issue and recorded it in a format that works. My iPhone eights plus at 4K resolution would record in this new format but it’s recording at a higher resolution would use a compatible codec. I haven’t tried transferring the files with the new codec to macOS High Sierra yet but will do it today and let you know if High Sierra resolves the issue playing back the new Codec.

ok. So I have
I would quite like to know a solution for this too. I have been trying to import a lot of Osmo footage and it is all this new codec, hvc1, which as you say isn't supported. I have even tried converting it but not only does it take forever, but it comes out black.
So I've figured it out. New codec. HVC1 codec will preview in MacOSX High Sierra but if you are editing with final cut you will need to upgrade it as well and any other software you may want to use for HVC1 codec to be readable.

Where might I download this codec?

Where might I download this codec?
I don;t know if it is a downloadable thing. If you have a mac you just need to upgrade to High Sierra and any apps that you are going to use with the video need to be up to date for it to be able to read this psrticular codec.

Reactions: kaitiura
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corbo2000