DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Problems??

MartinM308

Reactions
Just landed my Mavic, while flying there was a small commercial airplane flying pretty low. I was at 250' and with the plane being a lot bigger, looked a lot lower than it actually was.

Pretty sure it was the same plane that circled back around, even lower this time. My Mavic was about 800' away from me and the airplane (flew right over my house) and was still flying at 200' height.

When I take off I do get a warning that I am flying near an unpaved airport. Where it exactly is, I'm not sure. I am not in a NFZ, or within 5 miles of an airport.

My question is, even if I do not cause an issues and I'm flying within the guidelines, can it still be an issue?

I'm going to guess anytime it's an unmanned aircraft vs. a manned one, regardless of what the manned one is doing it's going to be them over your drone every time. Plus, even if that aircraft is ignoring all rules possible and being a jerk (not sure if they are or not, but if) then I'd still hope a drone flyer would take the upper road and just steer clear. I'm not saying you wouldn't, just saying. I'm sure others will know the true answer from any guidelines / rules / legal perspective given how many 107 operators there are and how many are pilots for a living.

I'd also guess that the right map would show you the location of this unpaved airport.

That's 2 guesses in a single post, I'll stop now!

Reactions: dewster
You can find out where that landing strip is by checking the AirMap app. But that warning you're getting is telling you you ARE within five miles of it.

Reactions: dewster
A plane will rarely be below 500' in a populated area, but it can happen. Helicopters, esp. police, will often fly below that level. Bottom line: Chances are they don't even see you, so it's all on you to avoid them and not disrupt their operations.

Whenever a manned AC comes into the airspace I'm flying, I stop and lower down as much as I can. I fly at night so they can easily see the strobes, by stopping and lowering there will be no confusion over my heading.

Hobby fliers don't have a lot of rules, but the number one rule is stay away from manned AC. FlightRadar24.com may also be useful for you to see what altitude these guys are actually coming over at.

Good luck and stay safe!

Unmanned always gives way to manned. So quite simply regardless of what he's doing you're responsible for maintaining separation and if you cant guarantee that, you dont fly until its clear.

Reactions: FlyGuy8675309
IMG_6851.PNG Hi if any one can help me please.

Just trying to start my new Mavic Pro, I am new to this technology, I have read the manual, I have watch tutorials, I have watched multiable you tube videos. What am I missing ??
I have not been able to get the motors to run, with or without propellers, extremely frustrated

I am also getting a message "Ultrasound Module Error" see above

Thanks any way, I solved the problem by deleting the DJI Go App and reinstalled it and all is good, my first flight Yay !!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frostseb