DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Product family speculation

Droning on and on...

Reactions
I see the demise of the Mini 3 Pro in the near future.

I just don't see how it fits in the Mini family any more, since the 4 Pro came out. The $159 lower price just doesn't justify its existence, given the major feature deficits compared to the 4P.

The 3 has a solid place in the lineup. The 2, also questionable, although the 2SE does compete on the very low end, so I can see that.

Thoughts?

Reactions: Murph66
Sales will determine what DJI will do with the Mini 3/Pro. Supply and demand drive any business.

You are probably right as the Mini 4 is a direct replacement even though it only has a few incremental upgrades. DJI is probably clearing out excess stock before they discontinue it.

Chris

Reactions: davidarmenb
I agree but the Mini 3 Pro still have a long life ahead of it when it comes to software updates, repairs, parts and accessories, etc. DJI is usually not in the habit of calling "end of life" on a product too soon even if a suitable (better) replacement is available. Obviously Best Buy and Amazon are not asking for more Mini 3 Pro drones but even if they were, at some point DJI is going to say no sorry there aren't any more to be had. Probably awhile back they put out a last call and you could get them for the last time....but it's time to move on; the factor line has closed. So many excuses they can use including things like RID strategy and EU laws, etc.

Likely there are bunch of unopened boxes still to be sold which means 2-3 more years of DJI Care Refresh at least. Unfortunately it won't be that easy to make the Mini 3 Pro go away even if it has lost it's way (which I agree it has). DJI is going to be stuck with it for awhile which is why they need to pay careful attention in the first place before they create a drone with mostly unique parts/accessories or some type of crazy RID update scheme and maybe even all these Mini 3 variants....many of the same things they are repeating on Mini 4 Pro. Must be a support nightmare. Not always in their control with timing and schedules but maybe they should have skipped it and went straight to the Mini 4 Pro.

Honestly, I believe the Mini series is winding down, maybe the next one is the last one. Let's get something else under 250g, it that really even a thing? Do drone buyers really effectively choose <250g from legal and travel reasons? Because from what I can tell, most people can't seem to fly elsewhere for other than 250g reasons.

They do not post this data for previous drones as far as I have been able to find, but in the Support pages of their latest camera drones, Mavic 3 Pro, the Air 3, and the Mini 4 Pro, in the Others option of the Specs section, DJI states guaranteed software updates for these drones until December 31, 2026.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Prits_uk2002