DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

product videography

Tech-Daddy

Reactions
Good evening. Totally new to drones. Researching the broad offerings, and I thought, "Why reinvent the wheel? Someone has already done this I bet..."

Indoor use drone with a camera. Tight circle orbits on products (not people), potentially 6-10 inches altitude to maybe 6 feet? Need the ability to set an object or centerpoint and have the drone film it in a circle, similar to those "eye in the sky" cable mounted cameras seen in football now. But this is for product filming, so I dont think I need a large drone, so I'm thinking a small or micro drone. 2k/4k video options would be nice for futureproofing, but the main thing in my needs is smooth momentum control and gradual changes. Does this make sense?

I've seen a lot of drones that do this on the grand scale of out door use, but not so much at an indoor use. Poor man's robotic crane gimbal?

If your studio is very large and has high ceilings you *might* get away with it but for the most part, drones are set up for landscape shots and on some (especially micro drones) I'm sure there would be enough fish-eye distortion at the edges to make it unusable for any professional work. Then there's the issue of intermittent or no GPS indoors. Position holding and tracking would probably be an issue...

Reactions: Flycaster
If it can fit on a table, get a turntable.
If it's a car/vehicle, get an Osmo....
Easier, and you'll feel a lot more secure, especially if you are flying a drone, and you don't want to gack it into a vehicle that's not yours...

Edit: IF it is a car, you can rent those auto turntables. Just ask a car dealership...make sure you charge enough tho...

Reactions: MavicAir2Marc
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twixer_bear