DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Program preferences for video editing

I use DaVinci resolve. Most tricky part for me is the color matching of the MA2 videos with other video sources. If anyone is having a good workflow pls share it. for me it takes ages ....

I recently switched from Final Cut Pro X to Adobe Premiere Pro. I find Premiere’s workflow to be more intuitive (though both are quality editing programs). I find I’m getting more done more quickly since making the switch. I especially like Premiere’s Effects Editor.

FCPX, For all of the reasons already mentioned. Also I like it’s stabilization tools that are great for smoothing drone shots.

Just bought the new 27” iMac. Very fast EDITING AND RENDERING especially with the 5700 XT GPU

I've tried several of the lower-priced ones. I finally settled for Wondershare Filmora9. As others have said lots of features & very easy to learn from Videos on YouTube. I'm 85 and was very easy for me to learn.

Reactions: Tufargon
DaVinci Resolve here.

Filmora9 for me, easy, cheap, fast and powerfull enough ? ?

Hi all. I have tried several, and because of its ease, its templates and great results, I undoubtedly prefer WONDERSHARE FILMORA. Running on Windows 10 64 bits. In addition to the millions of tutorials and easy learning curve. Finally its price and single payment, with a lifetime license and updating for free.

I'd like to see what everyone is using for a video editing program. Please feel free to comment on what you like or don't like about the program(s) you have used, I'm looking for a good one.

Thank you!
I tried Davinci Resolve and didn't care for it. It's a rather complex installation and resources hog. More recently, I tried Wondershare Filmora9 and wound up buying it. The free version does everything the full version does, but adds a watermark to your exported videos. I bought the $69.00 (US) pay once version. Others have stated it's virtues with regard to tutorials, transitions, etc. so I won't repeat them here.

I've tried DaVinci, it is a good and extensive program for free but when you do not have a good command of the language it is difficult.
After that I tried Shotcut but has quite a few flaws, also free to use.
Now I'm back to FCX-pro, as mention before a bit expensive but because the Coronaproblems 3 months trial at the Apple store.
FCX is easy and quickly with rendering in contrast to DaVinci.
DaVinci took more than 24 hours for rendering a movie from about 25 minutes, and I have a pretty quickly Mac (3.46GHz 6-core)

I've tried DaVinci, it is a good and extensive program for free but when you do not have a good command of the language it is difficult.
After that I tried Shotcut but has quite a few flaws, also free to use.
Now I'm back to FCX-pro, as mention before a bit expensive but because the Coronaproblems 3 months trial at the Apple store.
FCX is easy and quickly with rendering in contrast to DaVinci.
DaVinci took more than 24 hours for rendering a movie from about 25 minutes, and I have a pretty quickly Mac (3.46GHz 6-core)
uh...somethings not right there if it took over 24 hours. You may want to post a bit more info about your process and your mac

Davinci Resolve 16 Studio....steep learning curve but well worth it. Numerous YouTube tutorials out there.

I have an i9-9900k, 64GB RAM, 2070 RTX and 2 NVMe M. 2's....rendering is fantastic, and I do edit in real time....no need proxies.

Well., maybe I do something wrong when I look to the comments from jlatas and EricJT.
I have an MacPro 5.1 with 16Gb memory, 3.46Ghz 6-core intel Xeon, video Radeon RX580 8Gb, SSD Samsung 970Pro 1Tb (NVMExpress)
PCI express with WDC 1TB again with FCX no problem, unfortunately it is not possible to look back what kind of parameters I have used with DaVinci.

Well., maybe I do something wrong when I look to the comments from jlatas and EricJT.
I have an MacPro 5.1 with 16Gb memory, 3.46Ghz 6-core intel Xeon, video Radeon RX580 8Gb, SSD Samsung 970Pro 1Tb (NVMExpress)
PCI express with WDC 1TB again with FCX no problem, unfortunately it is not possible to look back what kind of parameters I have used with DaVinci.
You seem to have a very adequate setup for video editing so I am baffled as to why it took over 24 hours to render a video...

Can we assume it was encoded via H.265 at 4k60fps?? And did you say that your final clip was around 25 minutes in length OR was that the length of the clips in your media pool?? Even so, 24 hrs is nuts. In Resolve, when you went to render the file, was the encoder set to use your graphics card??

Somebody will figure this out for you...stay tuned

Reactions: Patrickgood
I was using HitFilm Express, but thought as I was getting a 4k drone, that I needed something that handled proxies better.

I tried the adobe cloud based program, and kindof liked it.

I looked around a bit and Filmora was cheaper, so I downloaded it. My thought was to edit a video, and if I liked it, buy it and render the video with the unwatermarked paid version. I did not get that far, I hated using the program. I don't know why, I imagine it's fine for most people. I am, after all, somewhat weird.

Then I noticed, and dismissed DaVinci. "That wouldn't install." Then I remembered that it would not install on the overprotected and hyper secure computer my work got me. But I was laid off and did not have that computer. "Gwenhywfer" is an HP that does everything well.

So I tried DaVinci. It installed without a hitch. All I had to do was google what I wanted to do and there'd be a short youtube showing how. I had to be VERY patient with it as it took minutes to switch tabs and hours to "Generate Optimized Media," but it worked, did everything I wanted with just a little googling and NEVER CRASHED.

So I got another 8GB ram, taking Gwenhwyfer to 16GB, and DaVinci works quickly and beautifully. Probably, this would have made HitFilm work nicer too.

Do I know all about DaVinci? No way! There's tons of stuff I have no idea how to use. But every time I want to do something I don't know how to do, there's a brief youtube to show me.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
obanat