DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Program preferences for video editing

You seem to have a very adequate setup for video editing so I am baffled as to why it took over 24 hours to render a video...

Can we assume it was encoded via H.265 at 4k60fps?? And did you say that your final clip was around 25 minutes in length OR was that the length of the clips in your media pool?? Even so, 24 hrs is nuts. In Resolve, when you went to render the file, was the encoder set to use your graphics card??

Somebody will figure this out for you...stay tuned
It was not 4Kvideo, it was 2 MP4 videos I like to connect together, honestly, I don't remember trying to convert it to H.265.
About the encoder set to use my graphics card...I don't know how to do that, incidentally, that is possible?
It is to difficult, that's the reason I made choice for FCX, easier to understand (for me).

It was not 4Kvideo, it was 2 MP4 videos I like to connect together, honestly, I don't remember trying to convert it to H.265.
About the encoder set to use my graphics card...I don't know how to do that, incidentally, that is possible?
It is to difficult, that's the reason I made choice for FCX, easier to understand (for me).
Davinci Resolve is not always the easiest to learn...lots of youtube tutorials...and propably overkill if you are not editing clips, color grading, editing sound, adding titles and effects, or the hundreds of other things it does.

If you just wanted to join 2 clips together there are a myriad of much simpler programs to do what you need

Davinci Resolve is not always the easiest to learn...lots of youtube tutorials...and propably overkill if you are not editing clips, color grading, editing sound, adding titles and effects, or the hundreds of other things it does.

If you just wanted to join 2 clips together there are a myriad of much simpler programs to do what you need
Yes, I know, for that reason it was a try out, as I mention before I prefer to use FCXP, I editing long time, first FC7 with my Panasonic HDC-TM900, but now with 4K video with the Mavic2 I was searching for something else also for the reason that FC7 is not working with OS14.6 (Mojave)
But after the 3 months freetrial I'm not sure I'll buy it because the price.

I like iMovie, but it’s long overdue a significant update. By contrast, GarageBand is a very robust piece of recording software, and iMovie’s sophistication pales in comparison.
iMovie was just upgraded this week with some very new features, but I agree it could use a significant upgrade. Unfortunately, it likely won't get one because they want to sell FinalCut Pro. iMovie is what I use, although Filmora is really good, too. I also have a difficult time attempting to learn the nuances of DaVinci Resolve 16. I wish I could apply myself more to it, but it looks to be the best free one out there by far.

I wonder why nobody mentioned Sony Vegas. I for my part use Sony Vegas Pro 12, mostly because I have used it since 8 years and don’t want to start learning a new software from start.

Yes, I know, for that reason it was a try out, as I mention before I prefer to use FCXP, I editing long time, first FC7 with my Panasonic HDC-TM900, but now with 4K video with the Mavic2 I was searching for something else also for the reason that FC7 is not working with OS14.6 (Mojave)
But after the 3 months freetrial I'm not sure I'll buy it because the price.
I think Apple stated that FC7 would not work in Mac High Sierra since like 3 years ago. I think version 7 is a 32 bit app and Mac has dropped support for those. Lots of folks like Wondershare Filmora and it is relatively affordable as well.

Although Resolve can be intimidating to learn, there are tons of YouTube tutorials, and one can use it to do simpler things at first and work up to more complex tasks at their own pace...my 2 cents

Of course AFTER EFFECTS is the best but DaVinci and Filmora are great two. I also use videopad to cut my clips up, rearange and quick voice over, Not alot o features but works quick

I use davinci resolve 16 and Wondershare Filmora9 ..I like davince for the colour correction and some other stuff, and filmora as i find its easier to use..Depending on what im doing. Filmora has a lot of other premade titles etc. Sometimes i do a certain amound of my video on Davinci..then export it and then had more stuff like transions titles etc on fimlmora to finish off

I'd like to see what everyone is using for a video editing program. Please feel free to comment on what you like or don't like about the program(s) you have used, I'm looking for a good one.

Thank you!
Adobe Premiere Elements, Video editor. Easy to use.

I like Wondershare Filmora9.
second that ,very fast and not to heavy on the pc,tried davinci and it did not run well on my pc ,i7 ssd ,16gb ram ,nvidia 1050ti card.the filmora is fast and easy to use .i tried others as well but always have gone back to filmora..

Reactions: Tufargon
I've used Vegas Movie Studio for over 18 years. Like most of the others mentioned here, there's a bit of a learning curve. I especially like it because it's easy to incorporate both video and still photos. I add the "Ken Burns" effect to all my still photos to make everything look like it was shot as a video.

I bought LumaFusion because I’d like to stick with iPad editing. Seem to be plenty of tutorials out there. Looking forward to learning how to make it work.

If you’re on a Mac, iMovie works fine.
Not for much, it doesn’t really. There’s so much more needed than just splicing together bits of video.

I use DaVinci resolve. Most tricky part for me is the color matching of the MA2 videos with other video sources. If anyone is having a good workflow pls share it. for me it takes ages ....
In the Colour page set separate nodes for 1. Exposure (do the Lift, Gain, Gamma); 2. W/B (use the Eyedropper then sort out Temp and Tint); 3. Saturation (sort out contrast, shadows, highlights, mid tones, and saturation). If you’re using a LUT, add another node to apply it (rarely very useful, imho, and most people totally misunderstand them).

The shortcut is to then grab a Still from a hero frame in a clip you’ve graded (choose a frame where the majority of colours etc are present) and then apply that grade to subsequent clips from the same colour family (ie usually taken from the same location). This will also paste all the nodes from the first clip. You’ll still need to adjust each clip.

Then pull up pairs of clips and do the Colour Matching in the Split window. You’ll need to go back and forth to get them matched and may end up picking a new hero frame and grabbing a new still to use as the grade.

So the other point about DVR is that editing, grading, compositing, and music/sound mixing are all done within the one application without having to save the file and import it into a different programme and then export that and import it somewhere else. In DVR, one just changes the workspace tab and carries on.

Yeah, I use it on Winblows 10. I find it easier than the more professional ones but it still has a ton of things you can do with it. Daniel Batal has a lot of video tutorials for it and what it can do. There's a billion other video tutorials for it too. I think I paid 60 for it? It's a one time fee for life. It also uses proxies if you have a not so super computer.
I use it to, filmora 9 is a really great program.

Reactions: Tufargon
I use davinci resolve 16 and Wondershare Filmora9 ..I like davince for the colour correction and some other stuff, and filmora as i find its easier to use..Depending on what im doing. Filmora has a lot of other premade titles etc. Sometimes i do a certain amound of my video on Davinci..then export it and then had more stuff like transions titles etc on fimlmora to finish off
Resolve does titles and transitions and a whole lot more as well...seems like it might be a time saver to get your workflow down to one program

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smittysflying