DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Program preferences for video editing

I wonder why nobody mentioned Sony Vegas. I for my part use Sony Vegas Pro 12, mostly because I have used it since 8 years and don’t want to start learning a new software from start.
Agree.
I use Vegas Pro 18 Edit, and am very satisfied.

Davinci Resolve.....just upgraded to the Studio verson as well as I had an amazing encounter that highly benefitted from the noise reduction and sharpening tools only available in the Studio version. It was worth it just for that one flight of recordings!

I can´t open Dji Air2 video files in Photoshop CC.
Strange because it works with files from camera or phone.
It works if I save them in VLC (the downside is that the file becomes very small) and then opens in PS.
Any setting in PS or solution?

I'd like to see what everyone is using for a video editing program. Please feel free to comment on what you like or don't like about the program(s) you have used, I'm looking for a good one.

Thank you!
I retired from video production/post production a few years ago and used Vegas Pro for 20 years...it served me well but even the latest version has issues for me so I tried DaVinci Resolve.
It seems to have everything Vegas Pro does but it's free...that said the interface is different and I'd be facing a big learning curve so I'll probably stick with Vegas...but if I was still working I'd invest the time to switch over...you can't beat free and it has been a Hollywood standard for decades (it used to cost over $100K believe it or not)

I can´t open Dji Air2 video files in Photoshop CC.
Strange because it works with files from camera or phone.
It works if I save them in VLC (the downside is that the file becomes very small) and then opens in PS.
Any setting in PS or solution?
I have received the explanation, PS can only handle H.264.

For those of you using Movavi Video Editor Plus 2020, have you had problems with the audio beat detection function? I'm a beginner in this field of video editing and after looking into the choices, opted for MVE+2020... now the problem is the beat detection function just hangs with high cpu usage. Everything else seems to work fine so far... frustrating for sure!

Hey all. So Movavi knows about the bug and sent me a new pre-release update. Everything works perfectly and so incredibly straightforward. The auto beat function works v fast and the program resources and cpu usage are really minimal. I think for now this is a winner!

For those of you using Movavi Video Editor Plus 2020, have you had problems with the audio beat detection function? I'm a beginner in this field of video editing and after looking into the choices, opted for MVE+2020... now the problem is the beat detection function just hangs with high cpu usage. Everything else seems to work fine so far... frustrating for sure!

I use luma fusion on the iPad. Works for me. Check out my video from a couple of days ago. Super smooth in gusty conditions

Davinci Resolve 16 Studio....steep learning curve but well worth it. Numerous YouTube tutorials out there.

I have an i9-9900k, 64GB RAM, 2070 RTX and 2 NVMe M. 2's....rendering is fantastic, and I do edit in real time....no need proxies.
Hi there, do you use an external monitor with DR? If so what card do you use, does it have to be Black Magic/decklink?

I wonder why nobody mentioned Sony Vegas. I for my part use Sony Vegas Pro 12, mostly because I have used it since 8 years and don’t want to start learning a new software from start.
I've been with Vegas since 2001 and now on VP18.
When I brought in 4K into VP17 after buying my MA2 it freaked out and crashed a lot. VP18 helped but still had issues.
I think part of the problem is my 7 yr old PC just couldn't handle 4K/60 so I built a new one a few days ago and excited to try VP18 on it.
Problem now is Vegas wanted me to delete it from my old system b4 I could activate on the new which is not right since one can install on 2 devices (but legally only use on 1 at a time).
I emailed support and they're taking forever to get back with me (as usual).
Long story short I may end my subscription with them when the contract is up and move to DaVinci Resolve...it can do anything Vegas can do and it's free (although it used to cost over $100,00).
The workflow is different so I'll definitely have to commit a considerable amount of time toward the learning curve :(

Hi there, do you use an external monitor with DR? If so what card do you use, does it have to be Black Magic/decklink?
Graphics card is Asus RTX 2070 driving 2 1920x1080 monitors....no need for Black Magic decklink.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13