Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2 Prokopos Lagoon and Strofilia Forest

a1r_m0ses_b

Reactions
Site
www.youtube.com
Hello everybody,
another video from Prokopos lagoon and Strofilia forest,in Achaia,Peloponesse.

Hope you enjoy it.

Lagoon Prokopos is between Marsh Lamia and Black Mountains. It occupies an area of 375 acres and its depth varies from 0.50 cm to 1.5m. It has a notable fauna such as ducks, herons, common coots and other birds. It is also used for fish production. It is protected by the Ramsar Convention and it’s most popular under the name Kalogrias Lagoon. It has a bird observatory and the lake connects with the sea through a narrow canal of 2.5km length, 6m width and 1.80m depth, where two small rivers flow into.

Forming an intricate ecosystem alongside the lagoons and Prokopou lake, the Strofilia Forest at Kalogria on the Gulf of Corinth is one of the largest in the Mediterranean. It spreads over 80 kilometres square or 20,000 acres. Cone, pine, myrtle, oak and other trees make up this forest which goes all the way to the coast. This is where the careta careta turtle lays its eggs, beside a natural fish farm. Numerous animal species roam the forest, which is a Ramsar protected area for birds as well.

Hello everybody,
another video from Prokopos lagoon and Strofilia forest,in Achaia,Peloponesse.

Hope you enjoy it.
Hi Moses,
wow, what a beautiful haven for animals! Thanks for sharing this amazing video of an outstanding location, I enjoyed it very much ??
cheers Paul

Very nice...watching the flamingos move forward almost in step reminded me of the clones in Star wars all moving forward in unison...yeah, I'm a nerd.