DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Promoting good uses for drones to the public

Wingwalker

Reactions
I tried to get an article I've written promoting drone usage into the mainstream press, but no-one wants to know. So please can you all share my blog on your social media instead and tell the world how great it is to fly. Copy and paste the link to share.

Many thanks in advance, David.

Short link here

Long link here

Constructive criticism. (please don't take offence as none intended )

If you title something “Promoting good use for drones to the public” lets see some promotion.

To me your article “Where in the world would we be without drones?” Wouldn't do anything to make me see drones as something good for the general public and wouldn't change my mind if I was against them.

I wouldn't start with negatives as you have ( extracts below) as this could be the only part a casual reader would see thus bolstering the idea drones are bad.

“ there are no official regulations for hobbyists “

“you do have some operators who use their units in a reckless way “

“used maliciously when in the wrong hands. “

“BBC TV Horizon program was perceived by many operators as negatively biased and scaremongering. Terminology used such as “weaponised drones”, “deadly killing machines” and “terrorist drone attacks”

And that you lost control – crash in trees as it could have been a person.

To gain some converts you could start with some good applications of drones (call them drones because that's the term given by the media & you will never change that)

You briefly touch on some positive things but get some examples where drones actually did help like when they used drones to look for hot spots at the Notre dame fire allowing fire fighters to concentrate efforts in appropriate areas .

Search & rescue, preferably with some examples that have helped people.

Taking a close look at potentially dangerous situations, buildings integrity after a storm, fire or flood.

Sorry if I sound harsh but if you are going to promote something get some material that shows how good it is. ;)

I agree theres not much said here to promote drones as a good thing.
write about how drones help in search and rescue and save lives, How police use them to fine crooks with out risking their lives to do it, how firefighters use them to get a look from above a building fire to see how to best fight it . How they save time in accident investigation.How the hobbiest following the rules can get great photos that they they couldn't get before. Stay away from the negatives and write about the positive.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pacodrone2024