DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

prop deformation

Newguy126

Reactions
I have read several posts about props deforming and causing crashes. They mentioned props deforming in the case due to the weight of the drone on the back props. Do you think. it would help to store the case on edge rather than flat in order to take the weight off the props? I hate to waste the case that came with the fly plus package. It seems so handy a way to safely transport the drone.

Props get bent easily from those just miss handling there drone .
Folding them inside of the legs , Grabbing the drone wrong, Moving it across your desk hooking it up to your computer and bumping into this or that.

There is no real problem with Props being deformed from putting them in the case if handled with care.
The problem is it easy to be careless , going in and out .

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic in the Rain and Float on water.

If you're flying Mavic Mini out of the Fly More case at this point it's a 'known problem'. The 'known solution' is to ensure the rear props are stored as per the diagram in the case and in the manual. As @Phantomrain.org mentions though it's all too easy to get them set wrong in the case.

So I've moved everything to a retired Tascam camera soft backpack where I can store/carry the drone with the arms extended on a handy shelf in the pack. The backpack has other benefits including more available space, and I can carry it on my back on a 4-wheeler without it bouncing around, for example.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
For the other models, you can quickly and easily remove the props before storing the AC. That's how I do it with the fly more case for the M2.

I have read several posts about props deforming and causing crashes. They mentioned props deforming in the case due to the weight of the drone on the back props.

That's the unique problem of the Mini. I have not come across reports about similar problems occurring to other models.

Reactions: hiflyer201
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miguelmas