DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Prop holders-do they work?

twickers14

Reactions
There was a thread on this back in 2020 but I am wondering if friends have garnered any more experience with them. I have bought the ones below and although they do fit nice and tight I do worry about putting undue pressure on the props. They help the drone to sit very comfortably in the Fly More case and they certainly ensure the props don’t snag the insides of the bag. I can now fit them quite easily and they seem OK. Any thoughts, perhaps especially if any of the previous contributors on this subject have experiences to share.09E8B499-16A2-4115-9720-D9B9D5D3335D.jpeg

Personal viewpoint, I dislike these strap type holders for two reasons.
1) and this is model dependant, some squash the front props down onto the battery. Where the props would otherwise sit well clear of the battery this may, long term, warp the props. I'd be happier if the straps had stand offs, to corral the props, but which would prevent the props being squashed.
2) they require the battery to be installed in the drone. Case and handling depending this may lead to inadvertent drone switch on's.

I have some other aftermarket ones for my MA2. I leave a battery in just in case I want to fly quickly...I have not run into any issues with the AC or the props. I just feel more comfortable with the props secure in the hard case I keep the AC in.

Same as you bought for 2 years without problems. If storing for long periods, I remove the battery as others said. No warping of blades that I’ve noticed. Beats not having.

Reactions: RobertR
I have some other aftermarket ones for my MA2. I leave a battery in just in case I want to fly quickly...I have not run into any issues with the AC or the props. I just feel more comfortable with the props secure in the hard case I keep the AC in.
Does it really save all that much time. Takes 2 secs to slap the battery in.

Reactions: twickers14
Just use loose fitting rubber bands, often found on the floor left by your local postal service. I’ve only ever used them to hold props and never had any distortion issues whatsoever.

I just use a Velcro strap that way I can control the tension on the props and get it in the bag easily!
Around $2 at Dollar General lol

I have them and used them a couple of times, but I would rather just take the very slight precaution of fitting them smoothly into the flymore bag. Just too much fiddling with the straps and I don't like the extra tension no matter how slight.

Just use loose fitting rubber bands, often found on the floor left by your local postal service. I’ve only ever used them to hold props and never had any distortion issues whatsoever.
If we ever see a postman again. 2 wks since our last delivery! Good advice thanks.

Thanks everyone. A very helpful range of responses and as you’d expect on this Forum all totally practical and sensible. I shall hang onto the kit but as mentioned by one or two of you I shall pick and choose when to use them. Certainly for our planned visit to the US shortly. They are on now but it was just too cold to fit them outside when I flew this morning-pic attached. Too fiddly so MA2 sat lose on the floor behind the back seat of the car! This is a pic of Nailsworth in the Cotswolds here and one of the cars in the lot is mine-Mrs Twickers and yours truly small dots behind it!

A9AD0A6C-EE7D-432B-A81D-15E983DBF10D.jpeg

Reactions: hiflyer201
Here's the ones I use, £4.22, Did find they activated the battery now and then, so now i remove the battery pre-bagging.
1643040091957.png

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Omni_Aerial