DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Prop protector - is it just me or is it awful?

Buel

Reactions
Hi all.
Is it just me or is the strap that comes with the M4P to store it safely awful and awkward? Surely there must be better ones out there?

Yeah, you'd expect a little difficulty with something like that the first and maybe 2nd or 3rd time you use it, but that particular bit of rubber nonsense has remained 'difficult' pretty much every time ! :) I have got good at it now (finally, 50 flights in !) but it never stops annoying me that I have to 'outwit' it every time !

There is an argument that any old velcro strap long enough to go all the way round the craft would do a similar job, and would certainly be easier to apply, but that is protecting a lot less of those vital leading edges than the included one, and I cannot deny that my props have remained absolutely flawless, and not even got the slightest scratch or nick with only use of the default one, so it does work once you have finally got it sitting right. I also know people (by which I mean 1 person) that puts theirs in a thick hiking sock, which also seems to work, though I keep telling him he'll get fluff in his motors ;)

I kind of feel resentful at having to buy a better solution for that AS WELL as all the other accessories we convince ourselves we need for these things - I rather persist with the included one out of sheer bloody-minded belligerence I WILL not spend yet another 20 quid on another bit of plastic ! :)

In unrelated news, see my other recent thread about how I am about to buy another bit of plastic - a chest mount for the RC2, having decided that the 2 lanyards I tried first are still rubbish !

Last edited:
Reactions: Hauptmann
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fraggen