DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Prop Strike in Sport Mode

Ι saw some black markings on the back legs of my mavic today.

a98a476b234a4a82822edc09e8234aba.jpg
ce7b6c50e22459945bc00da6bfa1541f.jpg

It is from the pressure of the back legs on to the butterfly. The butterflies also have black dents as you see in the photos. Is there anything I can do to reinforce them in case they will break in the near future? I have dji refresh. Will this be covered by refresh?

Kostasnk your butterflys look ok calm down bro lol all mavics get them marks its from flight and folding legs....they are touching eachother so it will happen

I have around 1000kilometers of flights on this mavic and I only today noticed them... Do you think it will be usefull, If I find some stickers with rubber and put them there to act as a damper and relieve the stress of the pressure?

9ba674b28222fd321de3e5f91a7f428a.jpg

Last edited:
Yes i have alot also. I wouldnt worry about it honestly if anything i think that would put more pressure on butterfly because of spring not heing out all tye way inside of the leg mechanism. As long as your legs arent loose and dont move when fully extended u should be good

Reactions: KostasNK
Yes i have alot also. I wouldnt worry about it honestly if anything i think that would put more pressure on butterfly because of spring not heing out all tye way inside of the leg mechanism. As long as your legs arent loose and dont move when fully extended u should be good
Ι don't have any movement at all, when they are fully extended. But I don't like to see the black dents on the surface of the plastic legs and butterflies...
Is it normal? Every mavic out there has them? I mean the dents...

The last month or so I am using the mpp low noise propellers. Is there any chance that maybe the new propellers are causing this?

Yes mine has it also but everything is tight. ...remember it is just plastic they are just marks

Attachments

• 20180113_162945.jpg
    20180113_162945.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 22
  • 20180113_162939.jpg
    20180113_162939.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 22
Reactions: KostasNK
It would be interesting to see what others with around 40hrs of flight have...

No because with mpp props speed is the same and so is tilt programmed in the flightcontroller ....it will always be the same for gps /sport mode. So this is why speed is the same for both reg props and mpp props

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jlhdez