DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Propeller confusion

Mr Wilson

Reactions
I recently purchased a Mavic Pro Platinum fly more combo. It came with 2 silver tip propellers attached locking arrows pointing cw. The accessory kit had 1 silver tip locking arrows pointing cw, 2 gold tip pointing cw, 3 silver tip with lock arrows pointing ccw, and 2 gold tips locking arrows pointing ccw. The blades on the ccw propellers have opposite pitch angles. What's the difference between gold and silver tips, and is there a logic to installing the correct blades. Was I shorted 2 silver blades.

Reactions: tompugh
The gold and platinum (silver) props are identical (other than the gold/platinum color). You can mix the colors too.

Make sure you have the props attached to the correct motors. The props with the circle on top need to be attached to the motors with the white circular marks.

MP.jpg

Here's what's supposed to come in the kits DJI sells:

InTheBox.jpg

Last edited:
From what I can tell the MPP blades come with the choice of the two different colour stripe . Blades are the same just a different stripe . Your bird will use two cw blades and two ccw blades . I have put both on my reloader scale and both coloured blades weight were the same . If there is a physical difference in the blades I don’t know about it .

The gold and platinum (silver) props are identical (other than the gold/platinum color). You can mix the colors too.

Make sure you have the props attached to the correct motors. The props with the circle on top need to be attached to the motors with the white circular marks.

View attachment 39987

Here's what's supposed to come in the kits DJI sells:

View attachment 39988
Hey thanks, I guess I need to watch more videos

From what I can tell the MPP blades come with the choice of the two different colour stripe . Blades are the same just a different stripe . Your bird will use two cw blades and two ccw blades . I have put both on my reloader scale and both coloured blades weight were the same . If there is a physical difference in the blades I don’t know about it .
Thanks, I may have been shorted blades in my kit

I recently purchased a Mavic Pro Platinum fly more combo. It came with 2 silver tip propellers attached locking arrows pointing cw. The accessory kit had 1 silver tip locking arrows pointing cw, 2 gold tip pointing cw, 3 silver tip with lock arrows pointing ccw, and 2 gold tips locking arrows pointing ccw. The blades on the ccw propellers have opposite pitch angles. What's the difference between gold and silver tips, and is there a logic to installing the correct blades. Was I shorted 2 silver blades.

Hi there,
I am new to the Mavic Pro. I also got the "fly more" combo.In my haste to get it up & flying, I unzipped the carrying case front (Zippers do not unzip the pouch completely), I pulled the two propellers out and tried to install these onto the aircraft. I DID NOT SEE the other propellers in the pouch! I spent an hour or more researching why the one propeller would not install (twist on), then I found that I needed the ringed propeller on that motor.!
Not a good way to package those extra propellers. :) thanks to this thread, im good. I did not want this to happen to anyone else.
Dave

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mini2+