DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Propeller guard mod.

Khayman

Reactions
So.. i bought the Flymore kit with my mini.
Today was the first time i tried it and because of the hight and range limit i would say its unusable for me.
I have already returned my mini once for problems with left front propeller hitting the body when wind comes at it from a angle or if i use sport mode.
I just got the new mini back and to add some strenght to the arms i cut of everything from the guards and instead i´m going to use the middle parts between the arms.
Sorry if my english is to bad to understand what i´m babbling about, but here are some pictures.
IMG_20200607_201803.jpgIMG_20200607_202041.jpg

Re 30m & 80m is that in the payload mode? If so that can be switched off, I have those landing legs myself and will give them a try up and down my garden when the wind drops and let you know any distance, height limits.

• Wow
Reactions: Khayman
Re 30m & 80m is that in the payload mode? If so that can be switched off, I have those landing legs myself and will give them a try up and down my garden when the wind drops and let you know any distance, height limits.
Damnit! i Didnt know that you could turn it of... ?
Well well...

That was interesting, caught a lull in the wind just as I finished typing.
1st flight, fullish battery straight up to 46m and out to 120-130m, no problem.
Back in, hover, down, up, bit of jigging about, hover, up to 40+m and then out to 147m. Both of those distance are as far VLOS limits in their respective directions because of trees etc. Via screen saw people approaching so back in and the wind was coming back, wind warning, down and in. Landed at around 30%.
2nd flight, took off around 30% straight into a payload warning, height limited to 30m blah blah blah. Warning disappeared, straight up and it stopped climbing at 30m, back down, getting a bit blowy, land and let's try 3rd flight, no warning but the wind is picking up so back down without getting high and call it a day for this experiment.
So obviously it senses the weight of these legs, impressive in one way but sad in another, I guess it's pretty near 'maxed out' in original trim.

Last edited by a moderator:
I fly my MM with a landing gear that clips to the bottom of the drone body and a gimbal /camera shade fitted and have no issues with the payload restriction, but if i put the prop guards on that came with the flymore combo then the payload restrictions come on automatically, and its not possible to disable that mode with them on, i did use them for flying in woodland when i first had the drone, but after a couple of flights i left them off, when i realised how controllable the drone was in C mode, really the prop guards are only for indoor use when there is no GPS so height and distance is not an issue

I looked at the guards mine came with, they were huge, and I never put them on.
My mini came preset for a very short range, and low height restrictions. Once adjusted it stays there until changed again in the settings.

Due to the above payload warning I took a drill to the exltenders.

Attachments

• Mavic mini extenders drilled.jpg
    Mavic mini extenders drilled.jpg
    288.7 KB · Views: 68
Yep, I may yet join pairs of holes or even threes but I don't want to remove too much right at the start. They aren't really a stressed component but.......

Reactions: Motorcycle Rider

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjauuu