DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Propellers

Well, you could try the props for the Paltinum Mavic, not sure if worth the cost tho vs. the small decrease in noise.

Reactions: Carl36
I have reviewed the carbon fiber props from Bower on this forum last week. I liked them for the quiet performance gains on an initial test flight. WELL...
About the time I changed to these props, I began to have severe video image transmission problems! Today I went back to the loud stock props and the video transmission problems were gone. It must be the 2 screws spinning above the props that crash the signal.
Not recommended after all. I will be returning them today. I also will continue the search for a better prop.

I have reviewed the carbon fiber props from Bower on this forum last week. I liked them for the quiet performance gains on an initial test flight. WELL...
About the time I changed to these props, I began to have severe video image transmission problems! Today I went back to the loud stock props and the video transmission problems were gone. It must be the 2 screws spinning above the props that crash the signal.
Not recommended after all. I will be returning them today. I also will continue the search for a better prop.
If you do a comparison - in the hover - between the stock prop's and your 3rd party prop's, you will probably see that your 3rd party prop's have a lower rpm (due to them being stiffer). There is a known condition, that with props that are spinning slower, the Mavic's 'gain' settings can be a bit twitchy, and the drone overcompensates when it's trying to keep itself position-steady. The over-compensation makes itself known as an oscillation in the body of the drone, and of course, since the gimbal mount is on rubber bands etc., it tends to really pick it up! If you hover the drone at low level, you'll actually see the gimbal/camera assembly dancing around! It's that oscillation that causes your camera shake ... Have a look at this video that shows you what's going on, and how it can be adjusted out ...

Reactions: Aww@Mavic
If you do a comparison - in the hover - between the stock prop's and your 3rd party prop's, you will probably see that your 3rd party prop's have a lower rpm (due to them being stiffer). There is a known condition, that with props that are spinning slower, the Mavic's 'gain' settings can be a bit twitchy, and the drone overcompensates when it's trying to keep itself position-steady. The over-compensation makes itself known as an oscillation in the body of the drone, and of course, since the gimbal mount is on rubber bands etc., it tends to really pick it up! If you hover the drone at low level, you'll actually see the gimbal/camera assembly dancing around! It's that oscillation that causes your camera shake ... Have a look at this video that shows you what's going on, and how it can be adjusted out ...
Interesting comments. I just received new CF props for my Mavic Pro and tested both old originals and the new ones back and forth a few times. Test (non scientific) included hover rpm and forward speed. RPM for original props in a hover was 565(x10), whereas same hover in CF props indicated 465(x10), plus minus 10(x10). Clearly, the CF props have more efficiency thru stiffness or greater pitch. As there are no markings on the props to indicate pitch, I could only compare the two and the difference of pitch and width of the blade is obvious. Also decided to check the balance of one of the props, only find the original is perfectly balanced, but the CF is not and will require a little finessing. Interesting but not conclusive. I will continue to research the effect on the gimbal, the gains, and propeller performance. I'll watch for more comments on the subject. Thanks for yours.

Reactions: FoxhallGH
I use these ... https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07848LR4F/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 ...
The rpm in the hover is around 25 rpm slower than with DJI low noise props on my Mavic Pro Platinum. They are exactly the same shape as low-noise prop's - but stiffer and stronger (carbon-fibre), and are less noisy due to the lower rpm.
An update on the above ... I've been able to get hold of a set of Master Airscrew 'Stealth' prop's and they are just ACE! They have lower rpm that even the Platinum quiet prop's, are lower in sound pitch, so appear to be a bit quieter, and also seem to give an extra minute or two on the battery ...
MavPro_MA.jpg

Interesting comments. I just received new CF props for my Mavic Pro and tested both old originals and the new ones back and forth a few times. Test (non scientific) included hover rpm and forward speed. RPM for original props in a hover was 565(x10), whereas same hover in CF props indicated 465(x10), plus minus 10(x10). Clearly, the CF props have more efficiency thru stiffness or greater pitch. As there are no markings on the props to indicate pitch, I could only compare the two and the difference of pitch and width of the blade is obvious. Also decided to check the balance of one of the props, only find the original is perfectly balanced, but the CF is not and will require a little finessing. Interesting but not conclusive. I will continue to research the effect on the gimbal, the gains, and propeller performance. I'll watch for more comments on the subject. Thanks for yours.
Hi @jdyck - Just a note about the pitch of the CF prop's ... If you have the prop's that I think you have ... they would have been identified with a number - 8331 ... That number is indicating 8.3 inches in diameter, and 3.1 inches pitch. That's the same spec' as the stock 'quiet' DJI prop's (standard Mavic Pro prop's are 8330). So the lower rpm figures on the CF prop's comes from the stiffness of the blade. It's notable that battery life is a bit shorter when using the CF prop's because - despite the lower rpm - the motors are working harder to turn the stiffer prop's.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NIKLM