DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Property surrveilance Drone

You can fly the route you intend on patrolling and program GPS waypoints along the way. Save and name your route and fly it automatically (you still need to launch it before starting mission).

Reactions: A.O.
Trick is to come from straight above them.

Well after all this I think I have decided to walk away from the drones for now. Thanks for the advice and thoughts.. Fly straight...

That is exactly what I use my mavic for is property surveillance. I put in security systems for the local farms in the area. We have 22 mountainous acres. 20170510_175900.jpg on the balcony is the launch pad. I have way points programmed in and using a Nvidia K1 with HDMI out to watch on a large screen as it does its rounds to the extremes of the property and then returns. works nicely

Reactions: Rnl and A.O.
I have 100 AC property, heavily wooded in a very remote location -- like yours it's about 1/4 mile wide and a little more than that long. It's also fairly flat with a 100ft high ridge bisecting the property. I've manually flown my Mavric Pro several times while I sat down on the ground outside my cabin at the opposite end of the property. I was able to fly it to the opposite end of the property and bring the drone down into a small clearing (50ft x 50ft) about 60ft off ground when signal meters show dangerously weak signal. I was very impressed by the performance. The wind was about 10mph. Battery life was great and allowed me to fly around not just go to end of property and return.

A Mavic would be perfect for your needs. I would even go for something half the price like a Phantom3 if you keep above the obstacles and don't need the distance.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661