DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Props change when?

Javierz0509

Reactions
So I have currently flown 100 miles (54 Flights) with my Air 2s, I have inspected the props and they are in great shape, but when should I replace them?

@Javierz0509 ,that is a question that has been asked many many times here on the forum ,and it is really down to you when you decide to change them ,if they are not damaged in any way,
the life span of the props has a lot to do with where the drone is being flown,whether you use sport mode a lot, and to some extent how they are stored during transit
as long as you do a visual inspection before each flight, to look for any damage and check the hinge points for wear and the locating lugs where they attach to the motor ,then all should be well for many many flights ,what you can do is decide that you will replace them after a set number of flights ( say 100 ) regardless of their condition ,a lot of commercial pilots do this and it is written up in their operator safety manual

So I have currently flown 100 miles (54 Flights) with my Air 2s, I have inspected the props and they are in great shape, but when should I replace them?
Some ppl may disagree I change props both on my DJI and my Armattans when the sound of the prop is not smooth.
If you fly a lot you can hear a change in sound . That being said, if I am just tooling around not such a big deal but with my Mavic if I am doing a long range flight I try to make sure it has the best gear at that time . Props are cheap use them . Save the none damaged ones for "that day " when you are out and want to fly

Reactions: Steel63
My 2 cents, depending on how many flights you have within a year. I would say if you have 75 to 100 flights a year, change them out every year. They are cheap and plastic!

That's up to you as long as there not damaged keep using them . I have been using master air screws props there awesome less noise and a little faster ? but it's prefrance good luck

Reactions: flatline42
My procedures requires change at fifty hours. You will never get agreement on this issue.
Regards

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volpe