DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Props changed to Master Air Screw (FOLLOW-UP)

360 Guy

Reactions
I just installed the Master Air Screw stealth props.
These are my personal findings as follows:
The MAS props are no doubt thinner then DJI's props.
The MAS props are a bit longer, you will realize this when the drone is folded for storage.
I opted to use the original prop screws for no other reason, just my decision.
The MAS screwdriver leaves a little bit to be desired. After using the screwdriver (MAS) I thought it didn't fit the screw heads quite well, so I opted to use the DJI driver provided with my MM2 drone. Better fit.
Then again, if I used the MAS driver on the MAS screws it probably would have fit ok, I didn't try it.
I opted not to use Loctite since I saw none on the original screws when removed.

To save your hands, (especial if you have big hands) I found it best to fit a 7mm socket and ratchet wrench on the end of the DJI driver. The socket fits tight, be sure to seat it in the socket.
Using the driver this way, it's much easier to remove and tighten the prop screws.
The props I chose are black.

Weather the props will provide a quitter flight and longer flight time, as claimed, I can't tell as night here has fallen.
That's another story.

I hope this will help those who are interested or thinking about purchasing the stealth props.

Let us know how they fly, especially with the OG screws.
Also how is the build quality?

TIA
McG

I order this

So I really want to put the red props on as well, but not if they are going to be problematic

McG

I see no problems with the new MAS props installed, although I only started the motors on a table top.
No vibration whatsoever and it does seam quieter.
The build is as good as it gets, I am satisfied with the props so far.
As stated, I can't comment on the colored props as mine installed are black.
Although to me, they seem pricy opposed to DJI.
If it doesn't rain tomorrow morning, I'll evaluate them in flight.

Bare with me as I am doing this between my work schedule, stay tune awhile longer.

Truth or consequences.

Reactions: McGanksta
I order this

So I really want to put the red props on as well, but not if they are going to be problematic

I fly the red MAS props on my Air2 and have not encountered any problems.

Reactions: McGanksta
Test flight this afternoon and all went well with the Master Air Screw stealth props.
I used the same mounting screws from the DJI props.
The test flight was "normal", I did no other testing.

At this point, I can not truthfully say that the props are quitter then the originals.
I would need two identical drones side by side & hovering 8 feet apart to ascertain the sound level.
I do not have that capability. (a good test for someone with a decibel meter)

Would I buy MAS props again? No, to pricy for the limited gain offered.
I would have to go with the DJI props if the need arises.

Again, I hope this simple review helps those thinking about installing new props.

As long as they do not have a negative impact I may consider them just for the color

McG

Reactions: Old Dog- New Tricks
not sure they are quieter, they do seem to be lower in pitch, as many have stated, and the pitch is more pleasing to hear...I wish the Mini 2 props were solid color......

McG

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kcb2627