DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Wrong screws with master air screw props?

basyok

Reactions
I got these screws with my MAS props. Am i missing something here? Props are correct, but i had to reuse the screws.
PXL_20230923_125209494.MP.jpg

Is your drone the mini 3 pro rather than a mini 3?
The propellor blades of the two models are the same but they mount differently and their screws differ, it looks like your received the screws for a Mini 3.
DJI include both type of screws with their blades, meaning they only need one product line to cover both models, I'd have thought MAS would have done the same but ......

I once ordered Mavic 2 Pro props and they sent Mavic Pro props. Please check your order and make sure you are accurate.

Is your drone the mini 3 pro rather than a mini 3?
The propellor blades of the two models are the same but they mount differently and their screws differ, it looks like your received the screws for a Mini 3.
DJI include both type of screws with their blades, meaning they only need one product line to cover both models, I'd have thought MAS would have done the same but ......
I once ordered Mavic 2 Pro props and they sent Mavic Pro props. Please check your order and make sure you are accurate.
Thanks. I'll double check. The props seem to be right. So long as mini 3 and mini 3 pro have the same prop, the screws from my mini 3 pro are in good condition so i can reuse them.

Really weird that DJI used a different screw and mounting system.

Really weird that DJI used a different screw and mounting system.
My suspicion is that the Mini 3 Pro's screws were proving to be a source of trouble and warranty claims through the cross slots rounding out or the screw heads breaking off.
The mini 3's system, of a shouldered screw, is 'tried and tested' in the Mavic Mini & mini 2 series.
I'd check your order and if you did order Mini 3 Pro blades contact MAS and ask them to send you the correct screws, I would also suggest you confirm your drone's model is the Mini 3 & not the Mini 3 Pro and post a photo of the 'propless' motor tops whilst also showing the printing on the front left? arm.

Last edited:
My suspicion is that the Mini 3 Pro's screws were proving to be a source of trouble and warranty claims through the cross slots rounding out or the screw heads breaking off.
The mini 3's system, of a shouldered screw, is 'tried and tested' in the Mavic Mini & mini 2 series.
I'd check your order and if you did order Mini 3 Pro blades contact MAS and ask them to send you the correct screws, I would also suggest you confirm your drone's model is the Mini 3 & not the Mini 3 Pro and post a photo of the 'propless' motor tops whilst also showing the printing on the front left? arm.
I'm pretty sure that i know what drone i have, lol. It's a mini 3 pro. I may have screwed up and ordered the mini 3 props because i thought that both drones had essentially the same body.

So long as the props are the same, i don't really care about the screws. I was just surprised and confused about them. Now i understand.

The point of seeking the correct screws is that they should have fresh Loctite on them. The Loctite on reused screws may be compromised and, with the Mini 3 Pro, screws have undone/come-out whilst the drone was in flight, resulting in a blade loss and crash.

Reactions: basyok
The point of seeking the correct screws is that they should have fresh Loctite on them. The Loctite on reused screws may be compromised and, with the Mini 3 Pro, screws have undone/come-out whilst the drone was in flight, resulting in a blade loss and crash.
I did notice that the MAS screws had screws on them. I'm pretty sure that the DJI screws both original and the ones that come with replacement props don't.

Can anyone else confirm our disconfirm?

At this point, getting the proper screws isn't practical. I *did* order the wrong props (for the 3, not 3 pro) from Amazon.ca and I'm currently in Greece.

If the consensus is that i need loctite, then i can buy some here, but there was another thread where people were saying it's not a good idea because it would make replacement next to impossible.

I'm pretty sure that most of the problems that people have had with the screws has to do with not being careful, and firm enough. Very easy to strip those tiny Phillips heads.

If the consensus is that i need loctite, then i can buy some here, but there was another thread where people were saying it's not a good idea because it would make replacement next to impossible.
My 'take' would be, if using Loctite results in stripping the cross slot there are remedies for that, they'd mean destroying the blade's hub but why would you be wanting to undo the screw unless you already intended to replace the blades on that motor?
Even if it results in shearing the head of the screw off at least that happens whilst the drone is in your possession.
There are possible risks with both approaches but I'd favour the lesser of two evils and you can't so very well remedy a screw that comes out in flight and the resulting blade loss.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brokerman