DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Master Airscrew prop failure!

Googled it as well, only finding stripped screw heads. No broken screws.
Use the search function in the upper right-hand corner. I found these threads

Last edited:
DJI never suggests swapping out your props for a third party prop. DJI does supply a screwdriver for replacing their props even though there are better on the market. These screws are VERY delicate no matter what DJI drone your maintaining and deserve the upmost fine touch when installing props.

If I were to lay blame, it would be the installer (owner) of the drones new props. Over tightening, poor alignment for acceptance, again…crappy screwdriver, unsecured / unstable drone during installation, or lack of experience tightening down.

MAS and DJI are NOT the culprit. Of all the DJI drones out there and the MAS props that have been installed, this is the first first I’ve heard. I always gone with MAS on all my DJI drones and have had no problems. I purchased an M3P last year and was taken by how finite the screws were and no matter how seasoned I was doing prop swaps…they did deserve that extra attention when installing. BTW, I used my original DJI screws for the MAS install.

I’m sorry about what happened…hope you find a fix.

🇨🇦👍

One question for the OP that I didn't see asked in this Thread..
When you installed the MAS Props, did you use the Original DJI screws over or the screws that came supplied with the MAS Props?

One question for the OP that I didn't see asked in this Thread..
When you installed the MAS Props, did you use the Original DJI screws over or the screws that came supplied with the MAS Props?
In post #4, OP says that he used screws supplied by MAS.
In my opinion MAS should take responsibilty for their screws breaking.

MAS are aware of this screw head issue on the M3P being weak, I believe I may have been one of the 1st to report this almost two months ago. MAS refunded me, and have at the time were going to address the issue, the latter Prop Screws I presume maybe stronger, but I have not been game enough to retry. Had to send my Drone to DJI for repair, no Props attached.

Reactions: Torque
There are several threads concerning the heads coming off DJI Mini 3 Pro prop screws but not necessarily in flight. And those threads that I have seen seemed to involve DJI props and screws.
I begin to wonder if these might do better with a piece of studding and a flanged lock nut rather that a screw.
Nice idea with a piece of studding,however the diameter I think is way too small to make it an effective idea.

Use the search function in the upper right-hand corner. I found these threads

Also, know that I'm changing the title of your thread as it misrepresents Master Air Screws Props
Yes, I used the search option within this forum, the only links you've supplied that refer to MAS breaking in midair are from this very thread. The other posts are DJI screws and/or other screws breaking while attempting to loosen them.

Last edited by a moderator:
MAS are aware of this screw head issue on the M3P being weak, I believe I may have been one of the 1st to report this almost two months ago. MAS refunded me, and have at the time were going to address the issue, the latter Prop Screws I presume maybe stronger, but I have not been game enough to retry. Had to send my Drone to DJI for repair, no Props attached.
I'm having an interesting exchange right now with the rep at MAS.

[Removed comments about moderator]

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, I used the search option within this forum, the only links you've supplied that refer to MAS breaking in midair are from this very thread. The other posts are DJI screws and/or other screws breaking while attempting to loosen them.
May I ask how I misrepresented Master Airscrew with my title?
My apologies. I missed the part where you indicated that you used MAS screws. I'm changing the title back to its original. Again, my bad

My apologies. I missed the part where you indicated that you used MAS screws. I'm changing the title back to its original. Again, my bad
Thank you. I figured you must not have read through my posts and simply assumed I was using the old DJI screws. I appreciate you changing the title back.

Reactions: GFields
I have had a perfect success rate with MAS props, and DJI props for that matter. I have to admit though, I enjoy that the MAS props change the tone of the drone to be a touch less shrill.

I believe the problem are non the screws, original or not but the gauge of the screws. With mini 3 PRO DJI uses 1,2 mm screws while for mini 2 these were 1,9. As you can see from the attached file with the new mini 3 DJI uses the same screws of MINI 2.
Due to a slight impact I broke the propeller screws of my mini 3 Pro. It is practically impossible to remove the broken screws from their seats. I changed the rear arms by myself but I know DJI changes the drone under warranty for this issue. This could mean that they know it's a problem or a bug.
Actually I’m using MAS propellers with my MINI 3 Pro with OEM screws without problems. I like very much them, I don’t know if they are quieter than the originals, probably they have a sound frequency lower but the performances are very good. The drone is stable and has no problems.

Attachments

• 2D3B2965-DB46-4B86-B9D8-505A219DC451.jpeg
    2D3B2965-DB46-4B86-B9D8-505A219DC451.jpeg
    679.7 KB · Views: 20
  • CD930404-FA85-442C-B325-229747C1917E.jpeg
    CD930404-FA85-442C-B325-229747C1917E.jpeg
    645.7 KB · Views: 17
  • ADA3C298-25E9-4CDD-B24F-0CE742144B07.jpeg
    ADA3C298-25E9-4CDD-B24F-0CE742144B07.jpeg
    639.9 KB · Views: 20
  • D9E56165-56D7-48A4-AF0E-A1500C20591B.jpeg
    D9E56165-56D7-48A4-AF0E-A1500C20591B.jpeg
    154 KB · Views: 21
I have had a perfect success rate with MAS props, and DJI props for that matter. I have to admit though, I enjoy that the MAS props change the tone of the drone to be a touch less shrill.
I do as well. I've been using their props on fixed wings for years, and on drones since my Phantom 1 days and never had an issue. The issue with the Mini 3 is the tiny screw, not the props. MAS screw's flanged head is thinner appearing than the DJI screw's, so I'm assuming weaker.
Still waiting to hear back from MAS after yesterday's conversation. I expect an email this morning.

I believe the problem are non the screws, original or not but the gauge of the screws. With mini 3 PRO DJI uses 1,2 mm screws while for mini 2 these were 1,9. As you can see from the attached file with the new mini 3 DJI uses the same screws of MINI 2.
Due to a slight impact I broke the propeller screws of my mini 3 Pro. It is practically impossible to remove the broken screws from their seats. I changed the rear arms by myself but I know DJI changes the drone under warranty for this issue. This could mean that they know it's a problem or a bug.
Actually I’m using MAS propellers with my MINI 3 Pro with OEM screws without problems. I like very much them, I don’t know if they are quieter than the originals, probably they have a sound frequency lower but the performances are very good. The drone is stable and has no problems.
I agree, this is not the props, but the design of the screw that DJI is responsible for. However the MAS screws appear slightly thinner (the flanged head) and more fragile than the head of the DJI screws. I really don't want to give up my MAS props on the Mini 3, but would love for an upgraded screw if possible.

Reactions: Scarpi59
@Sime i dont think there would be many of us who would disagree with you ,in many ways it does seem a retrograde step
but its all to do with weight ,and to some extent the actual size of the motors ,used on these small drones

@Sime i dont think there would be many of us who would disagree with you ,in many ways it does seem a retrograde step
but its all to do with weight ,and to some extent the actual size of the motors ,used on these small drones
Depends on what you're doing and what you need. I have 24 drones, including the Mini 1, 2, and 3 Pro. For the past year all I've flown have been the Minis, DJI FPV, the Avata, and my beloved 3DR Solo. I love that I can almost stick the Mini in my pocket, and don't need to lug a hard case on hikes. Understandable why it is on its was to become DJI's #1 selling drone.
But I can think of several reasons for people not to buy a mini, the prop screws wouldn't even make that list at this point.
Ask me again in a few months about the screws - opinions are subject to change...

In one of your photos, the screw head(s) look a little bit like they are rusty. Have you had them out in the rain? Possibly it is just what it looks like on my screen. I saw them and immediately thought the heads looked like they may be rusty, but I can't imagine you would be flying with rusty screw heads or that you would even let that happen. No accusation, but just a thought that came to mind when I saw a photo you had made available.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carlos22