DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Props Cut And Hurt... Right of Passage Or just Stupidity? LOL

So this is minor thing but my first time getting nicked by a prop... I pretty much only hand land these days and I was talking to a person I was shooting something for an not paying as good as attention to my hands as i usually do.... Happened quick and I nicked my finger on the spinning prop.. Nothing serious but enough to give me a good cut on the finger, bloodied up and a little stinging reminder for the next day or so I imagine (right now as I type with the finger).

Got me thinking. Have you cut yourself minor or major in this hobby?

Also. just a friendly safety moment for my fellow drone pilots who get complacent hand landing like me today...

Cheers!
Unless you are in an area that is impossible to land on, or on a boat perhaps, I could never understand trying to catch four spinning blades while controlling the controller with one hand.
If you have flat ground right in front of you, why would you risk it?

Reactions: lookout
Unless you are in an area that is impossible to land on, or on a boat perhaps, I could never understand trying to catch four spinning blades while controlling the controller with one hand.
If you have flat ground right in front of you, why would you risk it?
The answer is it has been more convenient up until this point.. Many times i would bring it in under a patio im shielded from shade with but i am re thinking this convenience.. when this happened i was in a drive way anyways so no reason i should not of landed it there...

Venom! Thanks for the question i didn’t except so many different experiences lol. I’m a noob but have hand caught my drone once. Didn’t take and videos or whatever and i didn’t know it was actually a practice but it hovered in front of me and I just reached from underneath. Figure common sense. If you guys with those nasty injuries can tell me what and how did you “catch” them that created those wounds Is love to learn from it.

Venom! Thanks for the question i didn’t except so many different experiences lol. I’m a noob but have hand caught my drone once. Didn’t take and videos or whatever and i didn’t know it was actually a practice but it hovered in front of me and I just reached from underneath. Figure common sense. If you guys with those nasty injuries can tell me what and how did you “catch” them that created those wounds Is love to learn from it.
Most drones want to rise up when you put your hand under because of the bottom sensors causing you to have to pull down on the left stick
with the controller in one hand in order to land on your hand creating an awkward situation should your hand accidentally hit the sticks in other directions.
Sure it can be done, but remember how close your face is to this also. I guess its just not for me.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots