DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Props in frame while flying?

Rocky43

Reactions
Just saw my props, for a short while while I was flying. Could it be because a wind just blew at my drone? I don't usually see it in the frame..

What it sounds like.

I see it some on a windy day, or while climbing or turning. If I plan to use the video, I just crop the view to eliminate the props.

As everyone seems to have mentioned, it is almost certainly the wind. I’ve had my MPP for 2 1/2 years and seeing the props is to be expected on a windy day. To compensate I either slow down, lower altitude, change direction, or not film when the props are showing. Sometimes I do all of the above. My only real point being is that it is not at all unusual and nothing to worry about. Unless of course there was no wind at all.

Reactions: McVick
Just saw my props, for a short while while I was flying. Could it be because a wind just blew at my drone? I don't usually see it in the frame..
Possibly the gimble was off a bit. I recalibrate and recenter quite often. I also want to see the props for fun so I holf my finger on the tablet or phone screen and drag it up to the far right or left corner and the gimble goes there

Yes, if the Gimbel is angled to the upward limit, and you change directions or come to a sudden stop you will see the propellers That happens to me if I have the Gimbel, to the top limit.

i find i see the props in quite a few panoramas, using rhe dji app, it moves soooo fast between photos, in litchi i canadjust the time between photos so it doesnt do that.

You didn't mention much about the conditions when you were flying. I know it is common to see props at least on some drones when either flying forward at a high speed or against a headwind. In such cases flying backwards can avoid the problem. Reversing footage in post production can then make it look like a flight forward. HTH.

If ya fly in a harsh wind or make a high velocity mission then try to lower the gimbal around 5 to 10° downward so you can prevent that the props have been seen in frame.

If ya fly in a harsh wind or make a high velocity mission then try to lower the gimbal around 5 to 10° downward so you can prevent that the props have been seen in frame.
Just notice that moving the gimbal around might cause objects to look closer than they appear.

Just had to make it sound like I was driving an automobile.

That one must be calculate with in. If i change a mirror angle then i notice it too.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS