DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Props in the Frame?

Letac

Reactions
Hi,

I was reviewing some footage from today and I noticed that one of the clips had propellers in the frame. The video here shows the last 4 seconds of that clip, where the props are visible. I had the gimbal tilt adjusted at +17 in this instance, but I should not ever see the props in the frame, right?

Thanks!

That's intrinsic to the design of the Mavic, and even the Phantom. If you're flying in windy conditions and/or in sports mode, props can get in the shot.

That's intrinsic to the design of the Mavic, and even the Phantom. If you're flying in windy conditions and/or in sports mode, props can get in the shot.

It was windy today. Well, it is what it is. Thanks Nick!

Flying into the wind, but looking up 17 degrees had a lot to do with it, too.

I have shot +15 to +17 angles with my Mavic with no props present in very calm weather and barely tilting forward and other times they were blatantly in the shot; generally pointing upward like that is very likely to get props in the shot. You can try swiping to full screen to see if you can see the props in the shot.

In windy conditions, if there are no moving subjects clearly in the shot, you could fly backward and just reverse the footage later in post. That way you'll never get props in the shot. Alternatively when shooting in 4K, you could crop it down if you are rendering the video to 1080p or letterbox it.

Last edited:
So to summarize, this generally happens when flying against the wind at + angles. How much does the speed of the aircraft have to do with it?

So to summarize, this generally happens when flying against the wind at + angles. How much does the speed of the aircraft have to do with it?

Hi Letac,

I'm facing the exact same problem. Do you have a solution for this? Or do you know what is causing this?

The shadow of the props can sometimes be seen in the video when the sun is behind and above the drone. Its not actually the blades but the shadow that is visible on the video, you can remove in post edit if needed.

Hi Letac,

I'm facing the exact same problem. Do you have a solution for this? Or do you know what is causing this?
If you want positve angles with the camera and no props showing, then fly backwards. Then reverse your footage in post.

Reactions: dvarapala
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_