DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Props showing in video?

It’s just mastershots, and I would bet it gets addressed in the next firmware.
I had it come up once, very briefly, outside of mastershots, when I was in sport mode flying into the wind. I'd have to review the video to see what controls I was doing besides fast into the wind. I was at 0 or maybe slightly higher gimbal elevation and it wasn't super noticeable.

Reactions: ninja_geezer
What setting are you referring too? The advanced upward gimbal setting?
you need to check out the video he explains in that,i dont have my air 2 replacement as yet.

Last edited:
The guy who makes these videos (Drone Tech Media) is such an alarmist drama Queen. I saw a few of his videos, from wild speculations to crazy issues, he has it all.
Now come on...you have to admit he's entertaining and knowledgeable..and he's a master of the visual line of sight rule with an almost unseen rapid outside scan thru the open door and sun roof of his vehicle. ?

• Haha
Now come on...you have to admit he's entertaining and knowledgeable..and he's a master of the visual line of sight rule with an almost unseen rapid outside scan thru the open door and sun roof of his vehicle. ?
a bit of a drama queen lol.

So all this talk of props in the shot... Yes off topic a little but today I was out with my MM2 in a little bit of wind, steady 10-15mph with gusts of 25mph @ 150' and got a prop in the shot, landing skid in the shot and flying back a gimbal shift, horizon shift lol :-/

It’s just mastershots, and I would bet it gets addressed in the next firmware.
apparently its not just mastershots other videos surfacing in normal flight ,not great !!

I had it come up once, very briefly, outside of mastershots, when I was in sport mode flying into the wind. I'd have to review the video to see what controls I was doing besides fast into the wind. I was at 0 or maybe slightly higher gimbal elevation and it wasn't super noticeable.
a few complaining about this now ,have you reported it to DJI yet ?

221218j1f919hfxzkcsejf.png221240r3mfg34g44m87btb.png
i would like to know more about how this works,what exactly does it turn off when there are no side sensors ?

Doed not explain anything im afraid

i flew today 2 batteries with 2s no props in view, on photo or video views
then i tested to see if you can see the props in view
if you move the camera from left to right you will see both legs and props on both lateral ends
then i made the same test with ma2 and its the same
i didnt test the mastershots
so if you fly normally there are no props
but if you want to see props you can see them:)

i flew today 2 batteries with 2s no props in view, on photo or video views
then i tested to see if you can see the props in view
if you move the camera from left to right you will see both legs and props on both lateral ends
then i made the same test with ma2 and its the same
i didnt test the mastershots
so if you fly normally there are no props
but if you want to see props you can see them:)
brilliant cant wait to get mine thank you.

View attachment 127843View attachment 127844
i would like to know more about how this works,what exactly does it turn off when there are no side sensors ?
My guess is that the drone body cheats out at angles with the obstacle avoidance shooting mode turned on. Like maybe 10 degrees off-center so that the front and back sensors cheat out and see "sideways" a bit. You don't notice usually because the gimbal compensates but if the drone's motion is in the right direction fast enough it'll show up.

My guess is that the drone body cheats out at angles with the obstacle avoidance shooting mode turned on. Like maybe 10 degrees off-center so that the front and back sensors cheat out and see "sideways" a bit. You don't notice usually because the gimbal compensates but if the drone's motion is in the right direction fast enough it'll show up.
Yes great thinking ?

Newley released drone = unexpected issues reported by pilots = a firmware update to fix mentioned issues. Typical cycle with almost every new drone released. They'll fix it sooner or later, hopefully sooner than later!

I'm looking to purchase an Air 2s here really soon. I came across this video here

He was explaining how the props keep coming up in his footage. A lot of the comments are saying the same thing. This puts me off a little as I'm going to spend $1,200 on a drone I would prefer the props not showing in my videos. Has anyone else had this issue? Could this be corrected with a firmware update?
I don’t think this could be fixed in a firmware update as this is more a hardware issue. Unless this is an issue with the gimbal and the tilt as it flys forward. From other videos I watched this is also an issue but this problem is less obvious when the drone is stationary. But I would consider getting the regular air 2 with the only draw backs being the sensor and obstacle avoidance. Good luck!

• Wow
Reactions: crash3x
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djiNonMini