DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Props showing in video?

I don’t think this could be fixed in a firmware update as this is more a hardware issue. Unless this is an issue with the gimbal and the tilt as it flys forward. From other videos I watched this is also an issue but this problem is less obvious when the drone is stationary. But I would consider getting the regular air 2 with the only draw backs being the sensor and obstacle avoidance. Good luck!
as this seems only an issue in Mastershots ,this can be fixed by selecting composition in shooting mode,also if it needed tweaking to make the camera move slightly less on the gimbal then can could be done easily with firmware.

The guy who makes these videos (Drone Tech Media) is such an alarmist drama Queen. I saw a few of his videos, from wild speculations to crazy issues, he has it all.

watch someone more serious.
IMO - he was more drama, less information... just another human...

Reactions: ninja_geezer
I'm looking to purchase an Air 2s here really soon. I came across this video here

He was explaining how the props keep coming up in his footage. A lot of the comments are saying the same thing. This puts me off a little as I'm going to spend $1,200 on a drone I would prefer the props not showing in my videos. Has anyone else had this issue? Could this be corrected with a firmware update?
Its a setting that you need to change. Go to CAMERA, SHOOTING MODE.... and do not choose Obstacle Avoidance and rather put it on COMPOSITION!! The A2S doesnt have side sensors so in the Obstacle Avoidance mode its trying to keep nose (and sensors) pointed as far forward as possible while it yaws. But changing that setting will remove the props in the MASTERSHOT mode.

Reactions: flatline42
Hello everyone,
I've been flying my Air2S for about half a year. Recently I've had some issues with the props showing in the image. It's only the visible in the bottom left corner.
Now I read about this before that this can happen, especially if you go back at a high speed with strong winds, during the mastershots and when filming at 5.4K.
But in my case it's happening even at lower speeds (Normal mode, sometimes even Cine mode) when I go backwards or when I tilt the gimbal down while flying forward with very little wind. It only started since a few flights. Previously I've flown my Air2S under way windier conditions, never having a problem. I wonder what could have changed. Any suggestions anyone?

Hello everyone,
I've been flying my Air2S for about half a year. Recently I've had some issues with the props showing in the image. It's only the visible in the bottom left corner.
Now I read about this before that this can happen, especially if you go back at a high speed with strong winds, during the mastershots and when filming at 5.4K.
But in my case it's happening even at lower speeds (Normal mode, sometimes even Cine mode) when I go backwards or when I tilt the gimbal down while flying forward with very little wind. It only started since a few flights. Previously I've flown my Air2S under way windier conditions, never having a problem. I wonder what could have changed. Any suggestions anyone?
What are your ISO and shutter speed settings?

Those settings are good. Have you tried doing a gimbal calibration?
Didn't try that yet. It seemed to me that the gimbal was properly calibrated as the horizon is completely straight. But maybe that's not the proper way to determine whether the gimbal is well calibrated. So I will try to re-calibrate the gimbal and I will head out with my drone again this weekend. See if this solves the issue. Thank you!

Those settings are good. Have you tried doing a gimbal calibration?
Unfortunately this did not solve the issue. Re-calibrated the gimbal (automated calibration), but even in Cine Mode I see the propellers when I go backwards with minor winds. And I see them at all times when I point the gimbal completely downwards. Do you have any other suggestion?
What puzzles me the most is that even in heavy winds I did not have this issue before. It's a very recent thing...

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AVI Drones