DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

pros and cons about the new FW

Phoenix at that time of day IS over exposed. Desert sun is very bright and strong. It may look over exposed but that's exactly the way the scene looked.

Reactions: Phlier
hey people, how you define over exposed?
any examples of a over exposed vs a good picture?

Phoenix at that time of day IS over exposed. Desert sun is very bright and strong. It may look over exposed but that's exactly the way the scene looked.
Never been in a desert before, mate. [emoji6]
What about contrast, sharpness and saturation, mate? Do you make some adjustment? I see the contrast on the tree a little big high than the bush

Overexposed means loss of highlight detail - areas of the image that contain significant detail that are pure white in the final image. Usually underexposure is preferred, since blown highlights are impossible to recover, and you can brighten the image afterward if necessary. I generally use -.5 or even -1 EV.

Last edited:
Reactions: MrsTreat
In .900, i always get better exposure, but in this fimware, always a little bit over. Miss my .900 firmware, but i don't know how to roll back using mac, all the instructions are using windows based [emoji23][emoji23][emoji85][emoji85][emoji85]

If your camera is not working as you think it should, I always start by going in to camera settings and resetting the camera. This has fixed problems in the past with new firmware, or the camera otherwise being messed up (focus issues, and other problems).

Reactions: MrsTreat
I've done that, mate. And the result still not made me happy. Maybe i ground the mavic for a while until DJI release a new firmware. Time to play with spark, i think, no matter what happen we should fly and having fun in the sky

[emoji72][emoji72][emoji72]

If the image is brighter in the new firmware then perhaps it's actually a benefit to not have to push ISO up in certain scenarios? I have to do the tests if this affects the filming aspect in D-log. From what I see it seems the same. Anyone else notice anything in the video d-log aspect?

I'm hoping to receive my mavic in a couple of days and am new to anything DJI.

Would I be able to fly the mavic with the FW that is installed out of the box or will I be forced to upgrade?

How are people flying older FWs? On aeroplane mode? Doesn't that take away GPS?

Sorry to hear about all the trouble with FW upgrades. I just fly the Mavic and take pictures and videos.
If I want professional videos I might upgrade to Inspire 2.
The same in many music forums, people taking a lot of time to discuss technical things and sound,
instead of playing their instruments and having fun.

LOL! Like seriously... LOL!! "Phoenix at that time of day IS over exposed." Thanks for that. Now I get to clean coffee off of my monitor.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Among1423