DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Protecting Platinum Prop Tips on your Mavic?

KiterTodd

Reactions
I probably have about 10 flights on the new props and my MP. I was packing it up yesterday and saw one of my tips with a 90 degree crease in it. On close examination I see that all the prop tips are distorted from hitting the rear feet of the Mavic when packed.

Short of taking the props off between flights, does anyone have a solution to protect the tips?

Also, any thoughts on how/if the bent tips will affect performance?

I think if I fold all 4 tips to rest between the rear legs it may work. In any case, I'm always gentle with the drone so was pretty surprised to find damage from standard storage. I also notice slight bends in the thin prop tips from the soft band I use to keep everything in place. Anyone else see this?

120344e95ae3ca0b54c183cfa6d3074d.jpg

7f0f03dfca301ec9d6558b897c06ad97.jpg

Reactions: fiftiesnut
I have mine on the tips like that or worse and going to just replace them with the regular ones . I really didn't hear that much difference with
them and just trust the others better .
Just me . :)

Thanks. Guess I'll just try to protect them best I can between the rear legs.

For me, I do notice a benefit of the props. I think they could have been designed a bit stronger or thicker, though. I realize that affects the swing weight and may impact the benefits, but I am surprised they released something that is easily damaged through normal use.

Reactions: Hotelone
I fold mine and crisscross over lap them with each other. Im very careful when placing my MP into its Fly More bag { Nose first down of course} The front LNPs /Top are held in place with one of those blade holders with a closed hoop on each end. Tension held by a strip of velcro so the holder doesnt slide off. Works great .

I really didn't hear that much difference with
them and just trust the others better .
Just me . :)
If you bought them because you want a lower noise Mavic, you should think harder ;)

But I do agree that the build quality of the standard props is quite a bit better.

I agree after testing on my MP, I don’t think they are really worth using. To fragile for one. The noise loss is barely noticeable. The flight characteristics in wind is not as stable. All of this is my opinion

If you bought them because you want a lower noise Mavic, you should think harder ;)

But I do agree that the build quality of the standard props is quite a bit better.
I got them like everyone else when they were announced porto
Just to see .And was what I expected just a different pitch in sound as I can hear my mavic when going long in RTH at 1200' where I fly .
I mean it's quiet in those hills . I can hear bird eggshells breaking up on that ridge in the spring .
It's nice being in the country without all the noise . ;)

I got them like everyone else when they were announced
I hope lolo can confirm this: I find one of the advantage of using the Platinum props is that it keeps the battery a few degrees Celcius cooler. Probably not desirable if you live in colder countries, but it is an advantage if you live in hotter climate (I don't do battery mods).

I must be the exception, I closely looked at how the platinum props folded compared to the originals and did not see any difference.

Reactions: Clinton1
I hope lolo can confirm this: I find one of the advantage of using the Platinum props is that it keeps the battery a few degrees Celcius cooler. Probably not desirable if you live in colder countries, but it is an advantage if you live in hotter climate (I don't do battery mods).
I have my batteries insulated to retain heat in the cooler weather, but it makes sense if there's less wattage consumed that there's less heat in the battery and ESC board which helps heat the battery.

Reactions: Porto
I must be the exception, I closely looked at how the platinum props folded compared to the originals and did not see any difference.

The blades fold up nicely, the issue is the trailing edge of the rear blades hitting the heat sink.

Reactions: cderoche
...The front LNPs /Top are held in place with one of those blade holders with a closed hoop on each end. Tension held by a strip of velcro so the holder doesnt slide off. Works great .
I may be missing out on a strap everyone else knows about. Can you link to one? Thanks!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParKOR