DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

PTGUI 360 help

sammackay23

Reactions
Hi all. Few questions regarding the said title, Background first, had a windows desktop where id take my photos with the pano mode on my MA2, JPEG. I would then use Microsoft ICE to stitch all the photos together, edit my colours etc in Lightroom then take it to Photoshop, reduce the canvas size, fill in the black/white bit at the top, reduce image size to 10000x5000 for Facebook then export final photo as JPEG. I would then open the properties and change camera and camera maker to Ricoh/ricoh theta s. And then upload to Facebook - No issues.

Now I'm on a MacBook Air where I don't have ICE function and I'm trialling PTGUI. Ive managed to get a photo out of PTGUI through photoshop etc, resized to fit. How do I change the metadata on a photo from MacBook so Facebook can recognise it as a 360? easy enough to do on windows.

Im keen to know peoples methods for getting their 360s on Facebook and other sites for exposure. People with Apple products must be uploading 360s.

Thanks (probably the wrong forum for this but I feel it will get noticed more here)

So what would I change in that settings? No sign of camera/camera maker there?
Photo metadata should be platform independent. If there is a metadata section in Windows for camera maker and camera model, it should be there on a Macbook, too. However, you can certainly edit all the photo metadata in Photoshop, and since you have PS installed on both platforms, you should really be doing any metadata editing in PS, rather than through the OS. If you don't know how to do that, just Google "Metadata editing in Photoshop"

This is one of many links that comes up. Like I said, Google is your friend.

It even tells you how to do it without editing the metadata, through Photoshop Templates that FB will recognize as 360 panos.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato