DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Purchase from another country??

Ifti

Reactions
I will be purchasing the DJI Mini 3 when it hits Amazon US since I have vouchers to use up which will more then cover the cost.

I am based in the UK.
I have purchased drones from the US before and they work perfectly fine over in the UK obviously, but will I be able to add DJI Care Refresh to it in the UK separately?

@Ifti you might find that the delivery costs to the UK from the USA have risen a lot recently
Amazon UK are showing the Mini3 on pre order for deliver commencing the 22nd of May i believe
but as of now they are not listing the fly more package, or those with the basic RC that comes with the MA 2s only the new RC controller with the built in screen
i decided to heck with waiting for it to be available so i went ahead and spoilt myself and purchased the pro package with the new RC with screen and the fly more package straight from DJI with no delivery charges plus a years care refresh for a total of £1,093 all in
sometimes it is nice to grab the moment ,heck at my age why not

The big battery not available in Europe . That will have to come for the US.

@Ifti you might find that the delivery costs to the UK from the USA have risen a lot recently
Amazon UK are showing the Mini3 on pre order for deliver commencing the 22nd of May i believe
but as of now they are not listing the fly more package, or those with the basic RC that comes with the MA 2s only the new RC controller with the built in screen
i decided to heck with waiting for it to be available so i went ahead and spoilt myself and purchased the pro package with the new RC with screen and the fly more package straight from DJI with no delivery charges plus a years care refresh for a total of £1,093 all in
Wish I was I your shoes. I'm torn between the Air2s and the mini 3 when I would like to get both. Unfortunately I can't justify the expenditure ( and believe me I've tried to ) what to do ???!!!

Reactions: old man mavic
I will be purchasing the DJI Mini 3 when it hits Amazon US since I have vouchers to use up which will more then cover the cost.

I am based in the UK.
I have purchased drones from the US before and they work perfectly fine over in the UK obviously, but will I be able to add DJI Care Refresh to it in the UK separately?
Good idea as it will be the fcc version that way

Reactions: Ifti
I’m really surprised US Amazon would sell/ship a US (FCC) drone outside of the country as it is technically illegal to use it and it has to clear customs. Obvious from the OP’s experience they do but I thought Amazon was a stickler for local laws.

Just been reading on this as its new to me - so a FCC drone has a stronger signal and can go further??
This has no impact on me as I do not fly anywhere where I cannot physically see the drone (I don't like FPV too much and seeing the drone at all times helps me keep my bearings at my age!! lol).
However, will the impact on anyone else in any way? ie, interfered with any other equipment etc??

It's only because I have $2000 sitting in my Amazon US account that Ive saved over the past 6-8 months from my Amazon affiliate links with nothing to spend it on, so thought I would get the drone since it comes to just under $1200 after duties/taxes/shipping are added.....probably more expensive then buying tin the UK, but I'd rather use the vouchers on something!

Reactions: Coskier
It's only because I have $2000 sitting in my Amazon US account that Ive saved over the past 6-8 months from my Amazon affiliate links with nothing to spend it on

You can turn that into cash. Find someone in US who already has Prime and wants Amazon gift card balance in their account . Send them a “gift of prime” from your account and it becomes a gift card balance in their account and you have cash value ( at a discount of course). Been doing that for years and we save a lot on Amazon
purchases.

As for refresh I THINK I saw in their FAQ it’s only good in the country where purchased.

Reactions: Ifti and Coskier
You can turn that into cash. Find someone in US who already has Prime and wants Amazon gift card balance in their account . Send them a “gift of prime” from your account and it becomes a gift card balance in their account and you have cash value ( at a discount of course). Been doing that for years and we save a lot on Amazon
purchases.

As for refresh I THINK I saw in their FAQ it’s only good in the country where purchased.

This is what I saw:

2. DJI Care Refresh are only eligible in the region where it was purchased. To ensure that you can enjoy the service normally, DJI Care Refresh and the corresponding product must be purchased from the same country or region.

Reactions: Ifti
Just been reading on this as its new to me - so a FCC drone has a stronger signal and can go further??
This has no impact on me as I do not fly anywhere where I cannot physically see the drone (I don't like FPV too much and seeing the drone at all times helps me keep my bearings at my age!! lol).
However, will the impact on anyone else in any way? ie, interfered with any other equipment etc??

It's only because I have $2000 sitting in my Amazon US account that Ive saved over the past 6-8 months from my Amazon affiliate links with nothing to spend it on, so thought I would get the drone since it comes to just under $1200 after duties/taxes/shipping are added.....probably more expensive then buying tin the UK, but I'd rather use the vouchers on something!
I’m interested in affiliate marketing. Can I pm you?

just a point about the FCC mode and the CE mode
the transmission status of the RC and drone is dependant on the country that it is going to be flown in, to this end drones sold for the US market have different radiated power levels to the rest of the world
so as was mentioned in post #9 even if you purchased you drone from the US Amazon it would most probably come with the appropriate transmission strength for UK and EU use
when you registered it, and activated it for the first time those settings would be adopted
correct me if i am wrong but i believe that the original Mavic Mini RC was the only one that was produced with different RC,power outputs, for the US and the rest of the world,having different RC model Numbers ,to indicate this

just a point about the FCC mode and the CE mode
the transmission status of the RC and drone is dependant on the country that it is going to be flown in, to this end drones sold for the US market have different radiated power levels to the rest of the world
so as was mentioned in post #9 even if you purchased you drone from the US Amazon it would most probably come with the appropriate transmission strength for UK and EU use
when you registered it, and activated it for the first time those settings would be adopted
correct me if i am wrong but i believe that the original Mavic Mini RC was the only one that was produced with different RC,power outputs, for the US and the rest of the world,having different RC model Numbers ,to indicate this

Perfect - puts my mind at ease! Thank you!

Wow, so you got one huh? I bought my brother an old Mavic Air which was new and only cost $250 but I'm trying to persuade him to buy the new Mini 3 with SC.

He has booked his ticket to Wales and will be heading over at the end of September going into October. When are the leaves at their peak for colour, he might be too early? I am hoping you might have a bit of time to meet him and help him with some flying tips around the area. Our house is right by Crosskeys.

Wish I was I your shoes. I'm torn between the Air2s and the mini 3 when I would like to get both. Unfortunately I can't justify the expenditure ( and believe me I've tried to ) what to do ???!!!
I see there is a post on the forum saying the new Mini 3 is better in video and stills than the Air 2S, so this should be a no brainer. I have read that post yet.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom