DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

purchase loss insurance

I have both AMA membership and State Farm personal property insurance. For $60/yr it covers my drone for complete loss with zero deductible for what I paid on the receipt I gave them. They photo'd my drone, S/N, controller, accessories and carry case. AMA is basically accidental liability insurance but it is required if you fly at an AMA Club RC field. Like this one which I'm a member of... GAMA - Home

We are a chartered club of the Academy of Model Aeronautics.
When anyone becmes an AMA member that person automatically is covered if their drone, plane, heli etc. causes damage to someone elses property. Its comes with the membership

Reactions: Thomas B
State Farm will not cover you if you are Part 107.

According to my agent, the drone itself is like a commercial vehicle. Once you use it for commercial purposes, it’s “branded” as a commercial vehicle and their normal $60 policy doesn’t cover it. I’d like to know if that isn’t the case. They said if you register it on your 107 list of drones, it’s out.

I have both AMA membership and State Farm personal property insurance. For $60/yr it covers my drone for complete loss with zero deductible for what I paid on the receipt I gave them. They photo'd my drone, S/N, controller, accessories and carry case. AMA is basically accidental liability insurance but it is required if you fly at an AMA Club RC field. Like this one which I'm a member of... GAMA - Home

We are a chartered club of the Academy of Model Aeronautics.

thanks for the info. i just signed up for state farm and i did it completely over email so i haven't seen anything in writing. no photos, no serial numbers, nothing....except a receipt. still waiting for the paperwork.

According to my agent, the drone itself is like a commercial vehicle. Once you use it for commercial purposes, it’s “branded” as a commercial vehicle and their normal $60 policy doesn’t cover it. I’d like to know if that isn’t the case. They said if you register it on your 107 list of drones, it’s out.

agreed. this is part of email conversation with my state farm agent:

"...And can’t be used for business use: Drone is for recreational use only; not for business"

There are always workarounds. Get one policy for recreational 336 use. Then get this

State Farm insured my Mavic Pro for $14 p/y but there is a minimum of $75 in Florida,
so I tack on my wife's jewelry till I hit $75. You can add multiple drones and cameras.
I tried to add bicycles but that did not fall into personal property. You have to see an agent.

Reactions: Former Member
USAA is a great company, had them for 63 years covering home, auto , and photo gear - BUT no drone insurance.
Spoke with the home office in San Antonio and said no thought about changing their policy at this time.

Too Bad

USAA is a great company, had them for 63 years covering home, auto , and photo gear - BUT no drone insurance.
Spoke with the home office in San Antonio and said no thought about changing their policy at this time.

Too Bad

And like a good neighbor... do you know the song?

Call and ask for Heather.

Heather Buford 903 887 7555

AMA coverage by type of membership.

AMA benefitsFull membershipPark Pilot membershipThree-month trial membershipFree Youth membership
INSURANCE
$2,500,000 personal liability
insurance coverage
green_check.gif
green_check.gif
green_check.gif
$500,000 personal liability insurance
coverage limit
green_check.gif
$25,000 Medical Coverage –
AD&D Policy ($10,000 Death
Benefit)
green_check.gif
green_check.gif
green_check.gif
$1,000 Fire, Theft, and
Vandalism coverage
green_check.gif
green_check.gif
green_check.gif
Access to low-cost commercial
liability insurance learn more >
green_check.gif

Too Bad
I got the same response a few months ago. They did say it would be covered under personal property for things such as theft or fire loss.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kenjiekun