DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Purchase options

Well....I just pulled the trigger and ordered a Mavic Air2 and 128 GB SD card from BB. They say (online with no human contact!) that it will be at my house on Wednesday. Definitely excited, but I want to take this slow and easy. Doing start up research online so I feel like I know what I am getting into.
Thanks for all your help and continue to offer advice to this retired guy getting into yet another hobby.
My son bought his Mini from BB along with a 128 gb card....then I showed him how I got TWO 128 gb memory cards from Costco.com for less than what he was going to pay at BB. He returned the card and ordered the 2-pack from Costco.

I am probably in the minority but I have always ordered from hated China. The service is amazingly fast (one week from order to delivery), and there is no state sales tax (7% Florida tax is $105.00 of of $1500) making the cost $ 1500-105=$1395 USD. They also have all of the paperwork. Be sure to order and register for DJI Refresh within 48 hours.
DJI started charging CA sales tax last year on all shipments to CA, as did B&H, Adorama, and Amazon LLC. Other states may be different. A couple of reputable online dealers like DJIDroneService.com and DroneNerds.com still do not charge CA sales tax.?

And if you pay with a payboo card, no tsk or shipping. Their customer service is second to none. Buy all my camera gear there, always pleased
Careful about that B&H Payboo card. Synchrony Bank is counting on you screwing up and then charging a retroactive 30% APR on your original purchase. In exchange, they reimburse B&H for paying the sales tax upfront, and Synchrony Bank is still very profitable!
"Your payment due date is at least 23 days after the close of each billing cycle." Miss a payment due date or two and you will wish you had paid the sales tax upfront yourself!
"Once B&H has issued the [sales tax] refund, it can take between 3-5 business days to reflect in your account. Please note: if your billing due date is before the refund has processed, ensure you have made your minimum payments [which guarantees you are paying 30% APR on the balance]."
You charge the full amount including sales tax upfront to Payboo, and then have to wait 3 to 5 days for the B&H sales tax credit to be reflected in your account.

Best Buy online. 10%off and had my MA2 in 3 days. State Farm insurance was $60. Much better then dji refresh.

E12B6455-4B01-4805-A2E5-952CC665BE3F.png

Best Buy online. 10%off and had my MA2 in 3 days. State Farm insurance was $60. Much better then dji refresh.

View attachment 105637
Worked for me, too! The 10% discount, and early delivery on Saturday, before DJI even started shipping from China the following Monday, and the 30 day return period for Elite Plus, cinched the deal for me! Besides, the amount of the BB purchase assures I'll qualify for Elite Plus next year, too!

DJI started charging CA sales tax last year on all shipments to CA, as did B&H, Adorama, and Amazon LLC. Other states may be different. A couple of reputable online dealers like DJIDroneService.com and DroneNerds.com still do not charge CA sales tax.?
By law, these companies are obligated to collect and pay the tax. They may be absorbing it as a cost of doing business.

Reactions: Tony McDrone
Just got the text that my MA2 will be here tomorrow. Now I am debating which insurance to go with. The DJI refresh vs. State Farm. All of my insurance is through SF so it may be better to just add the drone onto my existing policies.
Any thoughts??

Just got the text that my MA2 will be here tomorrow. Now I am debating which insurance to go with. The DJI refresh vs. State Farm. All of my insurance is through SF so it may be better to just add the drone onto my existing policies.
Any thoughts??
Topic has been beaten to death like a dead horse. SF will cover the drone in a total loss when it's not recoverable. DJI care will NOT. If that one aspect is important to you, go with SF.

Brand new to this drone world and I am considering the Mavic Air 2. From what I have been reading it is the greatest thing since sliced bread. My question is about purchasing options. Is it better to buy in the U.S like from Best Buy, or is the DJI store the way to go? Looking at overall cost of the fly more combo at both locations. I guess it is more about acquisition time and total cost of purchase. Any thoughts to share would be appriciated.

Thanks,

Bliz
I live in New Zealand and we have very good consumer guarantee laws but only if you buy from an NZ company. Means I deal with them rather than corresponding with DJI.
Doesn't help if I crash it though, that's where insurance comes in.

I have ordered Mavic Air, Osmo Action , and Osmo Mobile from China. Takes about week or 10 days, NO TAX. Our local tax in Florida is 7 1/2 % so 7.5% x 1500=$112.50 saved. Never had a problem with the delivery.

Best Buy does have a re-stocking fee, its spendy, however, if you can show that you received a defective unit or it was missing parts, you should be able to exchange it without any added fees.. but if you decide you really don't want it, it will cost you.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmikebennett