DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Purchase options

Bliz

Reactions
Brand new to this drone world and I am considering the Mavic Air 2. From what I have been reading it is the greatest thing since sliced bread. My question is about purchasing options. Is it better to buy in the U.S like from Best Buy, or is the DJI store the way to go? Looking at overall cost of the fly more combo at both locations. I guess it is more about acquisition time and total cost of purchase. Any thoughts to share would be appriciated.

Thanks,

Bliz

Reactions: mrjohnc1
Probably Best Buy, as it will be easier to return if there is a problem or buyers remorse.

Don't forget to get the DJI Care Refresh insurance, you have to get it within 2 days of activation

Does DJI collect sales tax? They ship free
DJI does not charge for shipping. If shipped to California taxes would be included, but it looks like internet taxes aren’t collected in your state. Ordering thru DJI might save some dough...but delivery may be a few days longer.

B&H Photo in NY (online sales) also carries DJI drones. I have bought other equipment from them - never a problem with returns. HERE is a link.
Also there are authorized vendors on this site that sell drones.

B&H Photo in NY (online sales) also carries DJI drones. I have bought other equipment from them - never a problem with returns. HERE is a link.
Also there are authorized vendors on this site that sell drones.
And if you pay with a payboo card, no tsk or shipping. Their customer service is second to none. Buy all my camera gear there, always pleased

I bought my MA2, OG Air, and Evo from Best Buy. That way you also get “rewards”. In my case I got 10% off the MA2 and Air the month after they came out because Best Buy gives you a coupon for your birthday ?. Then I take the reward certificates and apply it to accessories. Like in The MA2 I got $15 off the car charger. So I saved almost $115 on my purchase last month.

Like others, I recommend B&H Photo and Adorama. Both are great to work with.

I gave up on DJI and cancelled my order after getting a lame email saying there would be a delay in my order.

Ordered from Best Buy and it was delivered the next day.

Bought the DJI Care Refresh when I logged in to the app for the first time.

I bought my Zoom from DJI two weeks ago. it took about a week to ship, and no sales taxes

Absolutely stay away from buying directly from DJI if possible especially when your local Best Buy have them available. Like posters above mentioned, not only that you can get it right away but you can walk back into the store for an exchange same day if something is wrong. Good luck dealing with DJI's customer service for that.

Reactions: dawgpilot
Thanks for all the info. Great help. One thing. If I purchase through Best Buy, which warranty is the better choice, the geek squad or the DJI refresh plan?

Best Buy’s is better if you think you are going to use it. DJI’s is better as an in case. The $349 versus $79 was the deciding point for me. ($139 for the two year comparison). Positives to BB is no deductible and they cover the RC and battery.

Thanks for all the info. Great help. One thing. If I purchase through Best Buy, which warranty is the better choice, the geek squad or the DJI refresh plan?
Or if you can get it in your state, go with personal protection plan from State Farm. It’s $60/yr and they’ll cover the loss even if you can’t recover it. DJI will NOT.

Reactions: dawgpilot
Probably Best Buy, as it will be easier to return if there is a problem or buyers remorse.

Don't forget to get the DJI Care Refresh insurance, you have to get it within 2 days of activation
Do your homework on Best Buy return policy should you need to use it. I've bought two drones, Mavic Air 2 recently, from Amazon and on my Phantom's return for a missing part, all went well. I believe Best Buy has restocking if you open the box and the return time frame is half that of Amazon. Lately, however, I can't vouch for Amazon's timing on delivery as the pandemic has wrecked havoc on their Prime delivery schedules. Cost is the same for DJI drones wherever you buy. Similar to Apple products.

Well....I just pulled the trigger and ordered a Mavic Air2 and 128 GB SD card from BB. They say (online with no human contact!) that it will be at my house on Wednesday. Definitely excited, but I want to take this slow and easy. Doing start up research online so I feel like I know what I am getting into.
Thanks for all your help and continue to offer advice to this retired guy getting into yet another hobby.

Brand new to this drone world and I am considering the Mavic Air 2. From what I have been reading it is the greatest thing since sliced bread. My question is about purchasing options. Is it better to buy in the U.S like from Best Buy, or is the DJI store the way to go? Looking at overall cost of the fly more combo at both locations. I guess it is more about acquisition time and total cost of purchase. Any thoughts to share would be appriciated.

Thanks,

Bliz
I am probably in the minority but I have always ordered from hated China. The service is amazingly fast (one week from order to delivery), and there is no state sales tax (7% Florida tax is $105.00 of of $1500) making the cost $ 1500-105=$1395 USD. They also have all of the paperwork. Be sure to order and register for DJI Refresh within 48 hours.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BLEKOK